Turbomachinery module

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
leguichet

Turbomachinery module

Post by leguichet »

I went through all the discussions and presentations available on the forum and succesfully run the two cases for turbomachinary module in Version 4.0.2 Windows 64bits. The mesh and case set up .xml are from the previous discussion subjects. I just put them togethor and have it run on my laptop for 20 iterations. I hope this can help other users.

MESH:
you can download it from http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=959
It was for the version 2.0 but it works for 4.0

SET UP xml:
based on the discussion http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1682

I just updated the boundary conditions for the correct color numbers with respect to the mesh.
rotor
1: inlet absolute radical entrance velocity
3, 4, 9, 10, 13: wall
8: coupling interface
stator
15: outlet
16, 17, 16 : wall
14: coupling interface

I hope it is useful for other people.

Zhenlan
Attachments
radial_flow_transient.xml
(6.9 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
radial_flow_frozen.xml
(6.93 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
jddcx

Re: Turbomachinery module

Post by jddcx »

Dear admin:
I am a fresh hand of using this software,but the model of turbomachinery attracted me a lot.
Now i want to use this model to simulate a water turbine.This machine is just like a wind turbine.I don't know how to define the boundary conditions of the interface .As is shown in the picture.the face 1 2 3 is the interfaces belong to rotor and stator,so each of them have two same face(1 and 1s,2 and 2s ,3 and 3s).so my question is how to define them.
Please excuse me for my broken English and wish you can help me.
thanks a lot .
jddcx
Attachments
interface.png
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If I understand your description correctly, simply use "1 or 2 or 3" as the selection criteria for the face joining in the "Turbomachinery" section (assuming your face groups really are named 1, 2, and 3; adjust for names if needed).

Regards,

Yvan
jddcx

Post by jddcx »

Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

If I understand your description correctly, simply use "1 or 2 or 3" as the selection criteria for the face joining in the "Turbomachinery" section (assuming your face groups really are named 1, 2, and 3; adjust for names if needed).

Regards,

Yvan
Hi Yvan,
Thank you for your reply.
In my mesh which had been set,the face name '1' covered two different faces.Because it's not only appear on the rotor but also on the stator. so I defined this two faces with different names '1' and '1s'.The face named '1' is belong to the stator,and the face named '1s' belong to the rotor.It's the same with face '2' and '3'.So there are six faces in total that i don't know how to define.
Eagerly awaiting your reply.
Best regards
Li
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Having spaces in names makes things more complicated (you need to "escape" the whitespace, either with different quotes or a backslash).

Try:

"1 or "1 s' or 2 or '2s' or 3 or '3 s'"

Regards,

Yvan
jddcx

Post by jddcx »

Hello Yvan,
Thank you very much.
Cause of my shoddy computer didn't work today,I will try it tomorrow.Generally,what I want to solve is to evaluate the forces acting on the blade by using code_saturne.So i want to find a correct settings of the code_saturne.
Thank you again for your reply.
Li
jddcx

Post by jddcx »

Hello Yvan,
As you said in your reply ,I named those faces with different numbers and I use "1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6"as the selection criteria for the face joining in the "Turbomachinery" section.
Now,it seems to work well.
And the question is that I have selected to post the normal and tangential stress in the GUI,and I can visualize them in Paraview. But I don't know how to get the detailed numerical forces which acted on the blade .
Regards,
Li
Attachments
4HT@81U7C`PJUR$8}LZK_(4.png
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You could extract those values in cs_user_extra_operations.f90 using the utility files from post_util.f90 (in the sources, under src/base, not a given case's examples; there might be examples, but I'm not sure.

Be careful to update to 4.0.6 (or 4.2.2 or 4.3.1), as the z-term is incorrect in previous versions, or add src/base/condli.f90 from one of those versions with your user subroutines.

The Windows version does not package the sources, but you can visualize them with this web site, in the downloads, "viewvc" section.

Regards,

Yvan
jddcx

Post by jddcx »

Hello Yvan,

I have read some of cases in this forum those days,lots of people use the turbomachinery module to do some simulations.And as you pointed out,I read some cases about cs_user_extra_operations.f90 in this forum,but I don't have any progess.I don't know how to use the subroutine.What I want to solve is to output the lift and drag forces of the blade.Is there a detailed tutorial for this question?Or could you give me some directions? I am confused about that and I havd to ask you for help.
Regards,
Li
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I can try to help, but will be very busy these next few weeks, so I'll probably keep you waiting a bit longer.

If anybody else on this forum is willing to contribute, I encourage them to do so (I'll be happy simply adding comments and recommendations, which usually takes less time).

Regards,

Yvan