CS3 : MED output format not available in this build.

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
frpageot

CS3 : MED output format not available in this build.

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

I have a problem with code_satrune installatio. I certainly missed something during instalaltion, because when I use the check mesh option in CS3_rc1, I have this message :

Erreur a l'exécution du préprocesseur
=====================================

ecs_cmd.c:563: Erreur fatale.

MED output format not available in this build.

Pile d'appels
1: 0x4071a5 (cs_preprocess)
2: 0x4047b2 (cs_preprocess)
3: 0x7f783b01d76d (libc.so.6)
4: 0x404fa1 (cs_preprocess)
Fin de la pile

I do not have strong competences in linux, and would like to know if someone can help me to understand where I failed during CS3_rc1 installation. Thanks.

my config :
Code saturne 3 rc1
Kubuntu12.04

Fred.
Last edited by frpageot on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
frpageot

Re: CS3 : MED output format not available in this build.

Post by frpageot »

Hello further information : I installed some of the missing libraries, and this partially solved the problem. i am facing now a problem during installation of MED :

///opt/CS_3/hdf5-1.8.9/include/H5public.h
checking HDF version is ok... yes
yes
checking for H5open in -lhdf5... no
configure: error: either use HDF5HOME env. var. or --with-hdf5=<path>

here is the config.log of the MED install.

Can someone help me ? Thks
Attachments
config.log
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

OK, that was tricky, and I am even not sure how i solved the problem. Actually I still have the virtual machine which I used to make simulations before, this was coming from the livecd CAELinux. I noted all the different packages installed relative to MED, CGNS, HDF5, MPI and I installed them back on the current computer which is now on Kubuntu 12.04 64bits. I launch the installer again, and this seems to correctly follow the installation process now, at least I passed the configure error when installing the med package. This is not really scientific, but I am quite new to linux, and command line has never been of a big interest since last year... Sorry for this lack of accuracy for the one who will meet the same problem I faced, these are the only guidelines I can give.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

Unfortunately I still have the problem that none of the check mesh otion is operating. each time I have an error message "MED output format not available in this build", or CGNS if I ask for CGNS. I am then not able to run a preproc. I overcome the problem of med file installations, CGNS MPI, HDF5 installtion worked properly, I re-run the code saturne configure-compile-install procedure to be sure. But still have the problem. Does some have an idea, because i am short of it right now. Thanks a lot. :cry:
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Could you post the latest version of your config.log (it may be different from the one you posted before) ?

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Thanks for your answer. Here is the new config log of the Code_Saturne installation. If you need any other config. log of the rest of installation, let me know. Any help will be welcome.
Attachments
config.log
(210.66 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

It seems you just ran "configure" without any options in the source directory. You need to add options such as --with-med=<path> to tell the build system where to find the matching library. In addition, it is recommended to use a seaprate build directory.

All recomendations are provided in the installation guide (only the beginning chapters really need to be read; the rest are examples): http://code-saturne.org/cms/documentati ... stallation

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

Thanks for your help, this is off course the case. Sorry to be a pain... My linux knowledge is limited so far. I am learning but not as fast as I wish.

Now the check mesh procedure is OK, nevertheless at the end of the file "run mesh quality criteria"

/usr/local/libexec/code_saturne/cs_solver: error while loading shared libraries: libsaturne.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I check the file in consideration libsaturne.so.0 is in /usr/local/lib which is the appropriate place it seems. i do not know if this will affect the rest of the process.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you installed Code_Saturne in /usr or /usr/local (the default if you do not specify --prefix to the installer), you may need to run:

ldconfig

as root (or sudo ldconfing it there is no root account, such as on Ubuntu-based systems or similar).

Does it help ?

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Wonderfull ! Thanks for your help Yvan. this is working fine. This issue is solved.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0