ICORIO settings in rotating domains - turbine performances

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
SiR2007

ICORIO settings in rotating domains - turbine performances

Post by SiR2007 »

Hi, maybe this topic has already got an answer somewhere in this forum, but i didn't find it...

The ICORIO parameter in the usini1.f90 listing can be set =0 or =1.
In a typical 2-stage axial turbine configuration like this, I have built 4 meshes for each blade row with Salome (STATOR1.med, ROTOR1.med, ...)

|///////////////|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|///////////////|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|
|/STATOR/|\ROTOR\|/STATOR/|\ROTOR\|
|//////1///////|\\\\\\1\\\\\\|///////2///////|\\\\\\2\\\\\\|

If I want to perform a fully unsteady calculation (IDTVAR = 0, with timestep uniform and constant) do the ICORIOs for ROTOR1 and ROTOR2 have to be set =1 ?
And in a case of steady calculation (IDTVAR = -1) what are the ICORIO settings for the four meshes?

Last but not least, in the ROTOR1 and ROTOR2 domains I need to set the peripherical wall as counter-rotating (because it represents the turbine casing, that is counter-rotating in the relative reference frame respect to a generical observer "sitting on" the rotor). How can I do that?

Thank you very much in advance for the answers :)

Sir E.
mercierg

Re: ICORIO settings in rotating domains - turbine performanc

Post by mercierg »

Hi,

The answer i'll give you here, is valid for version 2.1 and above, maybe for the 2.0, but I never checked that one.

In order to impose the rotation of your mesh, you need to impose icorio=0 for all meshes, or at least for both rotors. The icorio=0 won't have an effect on stators as long as you let the rotation speed at a null value.
Then you set your rotation speed in each rotor case with :

Code: Select all

icorio = 0

omegax = 0.d0
omegay = 0.d0
omegaz = 0.d0
That way the mesh is effectivly rotating, ie coordinates of each cell are changed for every time step.

The fixed boundary condition are to be imposed with usclim.f90 (or cs_user_boundary_condition, depending on the version). select faces form your BC with the function getfbr and impose for all of them a tangeantial speep of -Omega*R.

Hope it's clear.

Guillaume