Using the subroutine

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Nazir Al Sayed

Using the subroutine

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello,
  In fact, i use my Saturn Codes to validate my model of turbulence, and i have successfully completed the INVARIANT implementation of this model, and i have good results.
Now the 2nd part of my job is to calculate the constant in my INVARIANT model  by the DYNAMIC method and here i have a problem with the soubroutine "CFILTR.
In fact, i programmed my constant INVARIANT model (called a ficheir CONINVARIANTDYN.F as attached above) as in the  DYNAMIC Model  excatly as in the file "visdyn.F", when i compile there are no errors, but  my calculations are not running because of soubroutine "CFILTR" (after several tests).
Please can you tell me  where is the problem ?
Attached file:
coninvariantdyn.F -------> constant calculation vissmaminvariant.F ------> calculating the eddy viscosity model INVARIANT sortie.lod ------> error
Thank you in advance.
Nazir AL SAYED.
Attachments
coninvariantdyn.F
(27.77 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Using the subroutine "CFILTER.F"

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
It seems you only posted one of the 3 attachments, and "sortie.lod" and possibly your calculation and/or error logs (listing and error*) are certainly needed to try to understand the problem.
Regards,
Nazir Al Sayed

Re: Using the subroutine

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

hello,

Sorry, the attached files  vissmaminvariant.F and  sortie.lod
Attachments
vissmaminvariant.F
(20.13 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Attached file: sortie.lod
Attachments
sortie.log
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello,
Please find attached file above the invariant model and the scheme of
 calculations.

Regards.

Nazir Al Sayed.
Attachments
modele_invariant.pdf
(35.52 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
The "listing" and "error" files may contain stack traces which should be more useful than simply "sortie.log".
In any case, rank 3 is probably the one that caused the problem (others receiving signal 9 are simply killed because another rank failed), but this does not tell us why it failed (listing and error.0004 should help).
Regards,
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Indeed, "listing" and/or "error" files would be more useful to help us debugging your code.
Nonetheless, I quickly had a look at what you wrote and something could be a problem... You define as "static" arrays the arrays W11 to W19. This can be an issue because, depending on the compiler and on the size of the arrays (namely NCELET), you can "segmentation-fault" i.e. have a memory problem. What you should do instead is either use the RDEVEL macro array (see the user documentation for more information) or add temporary arrays management at the beginning of the VISSMAMINVARIANT subroutine (see the usproj.F subroutine for an example concerning gradient calculation).
Hope this helps!
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello, I tried to do as you say, but it not work, i think the problem is in the 'CFILTR' because when i delete all these functions in the 'CONINVARIANTDYN.F' it works! Even i tried to used this function (CFILTR) in another program that does not work! Thank you in advance

Nazir Al Sayed
Jean Deschodt

Post by Jean Deschodt »

Hi Nazir,
Do your code works on single CPU? Do you try your code in debug mode in order to have a useful traceback (in error files)?
Perhaps it will be more easy to help you with additional informations: all your sources, listing and error files...

David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Indeed,
Could you run your calculation in serial mode (on 1 processor) and check if it still doesn't work? To better help you, we would need at least the listing and error* files; and if we still don't see why it fails, perhaps your complete calculation setup.
You can have more information (in parallel run, as your calculation seems to abort on rank 3) like this: - go to the Prepare batch calculation page - click on the Advanced options button - select to listing_n<p> for the Redirection for processes from rank 1 to p of parallel job (--logp) item Likewise, you can set the option ARG_CS_OUTPUT to "--logp 1" in the runcase script.
On a side note, I read again the sortie.log file you attached and it seems you have some installation issues: - unable to locate a module file for MPI/MKL/... - program compiled against libxml 207, using 206 I think you ought to fix these error messages, or at least ask you system admin whether they are important or not.
David