CS 2.1.4 CFDSTUDY

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Osman

CS 2.1.4 CFDSTUDY

Post by Osman »

Bonjour,
I have just installed Salome 6.4.0  and CS 2.1.4. But by default Salome is not configured in CS.  I have salome  and CS in /home/osman/opt.
Which configure options should I use so that CFDSTUDY  will be  working at the end of install.
Merci,
Osman
Yvan Fournier

Re: CS 2.1.4 CFDSTUDY

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
Starting with version 1.2.4, simply adding "--with-salome=<path_to_salome>" should work (using the path for the SALOME library, not the application).
We need to update the installation manual to provide more details on this.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Osman

Post by Osman »

Hi Yvan,
Another question: the path to "salome"  should be /home/osman/opt/salome   or /home/osman/opt/salome/Salome-V6_4_0-LGPL-x86_64  ? Salome was installed to /home/osman/opt.
I tried both, the latter seems to configure salome. But make fails with 
/bin/sed: can't read /local01/salome/V6_4_0/modules/install/KERNEL_V6_4_0/lib/salome/libRegistry.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/local01/salome/V6_4_0/modules/install/KERNEL_V6_4_0/lib/salome/libRegistry.la' is not a valid libtool archive
Looks like salome install problem. I had done a binary install. Need to contact salome forum :-(

Thanks for the quick reply!
Best regards,
Osman
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
The second path is correct, but depending on the type of Salome build, you will have the second issue, due to .la files from SALOME containing paths which do not match those from where it is installed. Those files contain metadata and are produced by libtool (part of the GNU autotools), and should either contain correct information, or not exist. Many Linux distributions now choose to remove those files upon install, though the make && make install process for the tool will produce these files.
If you use a Salome version from the www.salome-platform.org website, the version using the graphical installer should have correct .la files (its takes a while to install because it updates those paths), while the universal binaries wil have incorrect .la files.
Removing all .la files from the Salome library solves the issue. This is the option taken at EDF, after we submitted the issue to the support team. So Salome 6.4 versions at EDF installed within a few days after release probably have the problem with .la files, while recently downloaded and installed versions should not (I did not re-test).
To remove .la files from the Salome library, run:
cd /local01/salome/V6_4_0/
find . -name "*.la" -print0 | xargs -0r \rm
Best regards,
  Yvan
Osman

Post by Osman »

Thanks again. Removing .la files suggestion worked.
:-)
My version of salome was downloaded on Feb 18.
I have been building cs since it became open, and this version was the smoothest.  
Thanks for the nice group of software.
Best regards,
Osman
George Xu

Post by George Xu »

I have just successfully installed code_saturne-2.1.6 with Salome-6.4.0. However, the code_saturne works charmingly independently, but the saturne solver could not been activated in Salome, when the saturned embedded in Salome was used. 
Does anybody encounter such problems? How to solve it?
By the way, is there any updated user guide about CFDSTUDY? I believe that there should be some improvements as the version advances.

regards,
George