How to define several processors in the script

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
gdambrin

How to define several processors in the script

Post by gdambrin »

Hi,

I have a question concerning the definition of the number of processors. I can use 4
processors and I'm actually using only one. But when I changed the
Nb_Processeurs equal to 4 in the file runcase (or lance in the french version)  in the folder SCRIPTS, I
obtained an error line 1248. I think I have to change
other things but I don't know where !!!

I didn't write something in list_processeurs, as I really don't know what to write ......

Thanks for your help.

Gauthier
Attachments
lance.txt
(47.53 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Alexandre Douce

Re: How to define several processors in the script

Post by Alexandre Douce »

Hi,

for a standard desktop computer (for a cluster it is different) the only thing you have to change is the variable NOMBRE_DE_PROCESSEURS for example:
NOMBRE_DE_PROCESSEURS=4

For a single processor don't change anything: the variable must be empty. By default, keep the variable LISTE_PROCESSEURS empty to. 

If you have an error with parameters, please send us the logs.
gdambrin

Post by gdambrin »

Hi,

I changed the number of processors as you suggested, but I obtain an error. I actually launch my calculations on a global server in a school. I use Exceed to have a distant access and launch a calculation through a Terminal.

I attached the compil.log file as requested.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
resume.txt
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
listpre.txt
(6.93 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
compil.log
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Alexandre Douce

Re: How to define several processors in the script "runcase" in Code_Saturne v1.3.3

Hi,
the logs don't show anything wrong: the compilation and linking steps are OK, and the preprocessing step too....
How do you see that your computation fails? Do you have an error and a listing files? What do you see on your terminal?
gdambrin

Post by gdambrin »

I have an error appearing in the terminal "ERREUR WHILE RUNNING THE KERNEL (solver)".

I attached the 'erreur' file and 'localexec'.

I have also n0001; n0002; n0003; n0004 files that I can't open which have been created in a folder named "preprocessor output" in the temp file.

I don't have a listing file.

Don't hesitate if you need more informations to give me some help.

Thanks for your help.

Gauthier
Attachments
localexec.txt
(217 Bytes) Downloaded 176 times
erreur.txt
(533 Bytes) Downloaded 176 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

It seems the code stops/complains when interpreting the command-line. This usually due to the code not being compiled with MPI support activated.

So you need to check your installation to make sure that Code_Saturne is configured with MPI support, and reinstall otherwise.

Best regards,

Yvan
gdambrin

Post by gdambrin »

Hi,

Concerning the definition of several processors to do calculation, I have always an error. The MPI support was not installed ! The network manager have installed the MPI support, but I would know if we can check the installation of this support ?

I don't work on a cluster but a server with 8 processors. I have an access with a distant desktop, is that a matter ?

Thanks for your help
Attachments
error.txt
(41 Bytes) Downloaded 169 times
erreur.txt
(533 Bytes) Downloaded 173 times
compil.log
(22.99 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Alexandre Douce

It is the same error as here: https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/general-usage/335742423/646550399

it seems that Code_Saturne is compiled without the support of MPI, even if MPI is installed. In the bin directory of the source you have several macros* files. Open the file that you use depending of you OS, and then you have to complete the variables MPI_HOME, MPI_INC, MPI_LIB.

Perhaps you can see this issue with your administrator.