Incompatible mesh

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jérémie Todesco

Incompatible mesh

Post by Jérémie Todesco »

Hello everybody,

I 'm a new user of Code_Saturne and I've more questions :
- On Code_Saturne, can we import several mesh ( Incompatible mesh) ? What are the precaution to be taken ?
- In the file "Output Control", can we choose more of one hundred monitoring point ?
Yvan Fournier

Re: Incompatible mesh

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
What version of the code are you using ? What do you call "incompatible mesh" ? You can join non-conforming meshes, which may locally degrade your mesh quality (which you can check with mesh quality criteria). It is not always easy to give general criteria: choosing between locally degrading high quality hexahedral meshes or using a lower quality tetahedral mesh may depend on the flow you are trying to simulate.
To use more than 100 monitoring points, you would need to edit ncaptm in include/base/paramx.h, and recompile/reinstall the code.
Best regards,
  Yvan Fournier
Jérémie Todesco

Post by Jérémie Todesco »

Thanks for your answers.

I use Saturne 1.3.3. So if I well understand, when I want to join 2 non-conforming-meshes, I must to import 2 meshes with the preprocess ?

I 've another questions :
- When Code_Saturne renumber the elements and the nodes, it follows the numbering of the mesh file I create?
- How can I view the mesh after the preprocess ? (To check the numbering of the elements for example )
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
No, Code_Saturne does not follow the renumbering of the original mesh.
Best regards,