coupling saturne - radiation module of syrthes

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Thomas Aumeier

coupling saturne - radiation module of syrthes

Post by Thomas Aumeier »

Hi everyboby,

am I able to couple a group reference from Code Saturne with a reference of the radiation module of Syrthes under the assumption that the group reference is NOT coupled with any solid part of Syrthes?

Thanks a lot

Thomas Aumeier
Yvan Fournier

Re: coupling saturne - radiation module of syrthes

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, I do not beleive this is possible. Even with SYRTHES, you may define which solid faces you want to couple with Code_Saturne, but radiation faces may only be coupled with SYRTHES's solid faces, not with Code_Saturne.

The only situation in which I understand fluid faces in Code_Saturne would need to be coupled directly with a radiation module is when those faces represent a free surface, so I assume this is the case here (or I am missing anothe possibility).

Adding such a possibility would require additions to both Code_Saturne and SYRTHES (keyword to select coupled radiative faces in SYRTHES, and for both codes, expressing the exchange as a heat flux instead of a wall temperature/exchange coefficient combination, which might also be less robust numerically).

Code_Saturne also has an integrated radiative module, which is applicable to a semi-transparent medium, while SYRTHES's radiative module is applicable to a transparent medium, so both may be useful in different situations.

Best regards,

Yvan