activation of the radiation module

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Thomas Aumeier

activation of the radiation module

Post by Thomas Aumeier »

Hi,

I have problems to set up a calculation using the radiation module in CS.  In my case I added all user subroutines for radiation (usray1-5) into my SRC directory, because I do not use a specific physics module. In usray1 I activated iirayo=1 for the DO method. If I started the calculation I get an error massage ( see the attached listing file ). There are three heading in sbr. usray1, ipass=1,ipass=2,ipass=3. The settings for isuird, nfreqr,ndirec,idiver,...and so on are done in heading 2 (ipass2) but I believe that these parameters are used in the code before they are set in usray1 (ipass = 2). What do I have to do to activate the radiation module correctly. Is there anything else to specify in other subroutines, like usini1?

Best regards

Thomas Aumeier
Attachments
listing.txt
(7.94 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
David Monfort

Re: activation of the radiation module

Post by David Monfort »

Hi Thomas,

Actually, this is a know problem in version 2.0-beta2.
You may have a look at tickets number #11 and #18 in the bug-tracker (especially ticket #18) and try the proposed patch. You might also want to wait for the next release (see the dedicated post in the Announces forum) that will correct (lots of) bugs and add some new features. The new version should be released during the week.

David
ps: to use the patch, just add the needed source files in the SRC directory of your study (just like any other user subroutine).