Simulation of air flow in a room

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Damien Charreron

Re: Simulation of air flow in a room

Post by Damien Charreron »

Hello! 

Thank you for the example!

I have finally understood more or less the way to create a thinwall. I want to create an inlet placed horizontaly above the ground of a room.

However, code saturne is asking me to change one of my boundary condition in order to run the calculations. When I change my wall  into "inlet" it works properly, but it's not what I want. Does somebody could take a fast look at my case and tell me if I have a problem (of coordinate  maybe the thinwall function is not taken to account).

Best regards,

Damien
Attachments
usclim.f90
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
cs_user_mesh_thinwall.c
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
compile.log
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Jacques Fontaine

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

Hello,
I think it's ok, but I need the mesh to be sure. You can also use a 'box' for a single condition.
You can verify if the thinwall function is taken to account: post process the 'results.case' the thinwalls are shown!
Best regards,
JF
Damien Charreron

Re: Simulation of air flow in afile:///home/yvan/Code_Saturne/Web/old_forums_files/693665868/results.med.gz room

Hello Jacques,

I have checked the results in the  post process with the post process function of Salome but there is no my thinwall. I have attached you the "result.med" file, tell me if you prefer the EnSight format.

I underdstood why the code wants me to change the boundary condition. In fact, as you saw in the "usclim" file I define the point of my plane as (7, 5, 8). So the plane should be at y=5, no? But here it seems that it's still at y=0 and the ground is define as wall in the GUI.
Attachments
results.med.gz
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
test16.med.gz
(527.81 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Jacques Fontaine

Hello,

I suppose test16.med is your mesh.

Thinwall is taken into account (see picture attached) but you can't use thinwall in your mesh. The thinwall function transforms interior faces into boundary faces so you have to select a 'plane of interior face' to create a wall. In your mesh you haven't any plane formed with the internal faces so you can only create strange geometries.

Best regards,
JF
Attachments
thinwall.png
Damien Charreron

Thank you for the picture, I understand very well what is happening! What software and file did you use to make it?

I still have a question, I tried to make the same plane in my mesh but as you know, it doesn't appear in Code-Saturne, also I tried to run it and I have still the same problem than before.

I don't know what to do.

Best regards,

Damien
Jacques Fontaine

I opened the RESULT.case with ParaView (open source).

I don't understand: you tried to make a plane (thin wall) in Salome ? If the thin wall doesn't appear then it is not existing... Postprocess your RESULT.case with Paraview or Ensight and you should show the walls (or/and thin walls).

Best regards,
JF
Damien Charreron

Hello again,

The real problem comes from the fact that I cannot design a plane inside my domain, rocognized by Saturne. 
I don't understand how Saturne which does not recognize 2D mesh could be able to recognized a plane inside my domain. Even with two faces owning the same vertex, it still 2D mesh.
Once I have clicked on "Check mesh" Saturne doesn't want to take my plane into account and then the group I created for the plane doesn't appear and I cannot run the thinwall function, because the plane does not exist anymore, saturne turned it into " isolated_faces.med".
So I guess the real question is by whitch trick Saturne could recognize my plane?

Jacques Fontaine

Could you attach your mesh ?
JF
Damien Charreron

Here it is.

Thanks,

Damien
Attachments
test22.med.gz
(338.3 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Jacques Fontaine

Hello,

It's ok to me. See attached.
Selection criteria used: const char criteria[] = "plane[0, 1, 0, 5, 2, 8, epsilon=1e-1] and 5 <= x <= 10 and 5 <= z <= 10";

Best regards,
JF
Attachments
thinwall2.png