Mesh reading error

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
alexandre.lebouvier

Mesh reading error

Post by alexandre.lebouvier »

Hello everyone,

I just installed code saturne v 2.1.4 on Ubuntu and I got an error message when reading a mesh I used to use with previous versions. I tried another mesh I used before and I got the same error message even if the preprocessor seems to work fine :

/home/samuel/Code_Saturne_2.1/installer-214/installer/code_saturne-2.1.4/src/base/cs_io.c:697: Fatal error.

Error reading file: "/home/samuel/CFD_Plasma/PACS/STUDY/MESH/cathode.des".
File format is not the correct version.
The first 64 bytes expected contain:
"Code_Saturne I/O, BE, R0"
The first 64 bytes read contain:
""

Call stack:
1: 0x1e4e1c <bft_error+0x3c> (libbft.so.0)
2: 0x6d4e3e <+0x158e3e> (libsaturne.so.0)
3: 0x6d4fcd <cs_io_initialize+0x8d> (libsaturne.so.0)
4: 0x5f75ce <ledevi_+0x39e> (libsaturne.so.0)
5: 0x64bb35 <iniini_+0xac1> (libsaturne.so.0)
6: 0x64ce10 <initi1_+0x20> (libsaturne.so.0)
7: 0x5a7c22 <cs_run+0xc2> (libsaturne.so.0)
8: 0x5a7a80 <main+0x240> (libsaturne.so.0)
9: 0x4660113 <__libc_start_main+0xf3> (libc.so.6)
10: 0x8050a51 <> (cs_solver)
End of stack

Thanks,

Alex
Attachments
listing.txt
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
error.txt
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
preprocessor.log
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Mesh reading error

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is strange. It seems as if in the GUI, you used "Import Meshes", instead "Use existing Mesh Input", but the GUI does not normally allow to select this.

So I would imagine either you forced the file name, or there is a bug in the GUI allowing you to make the wrong choice. In the Changelog for version 2.1, between 2.1.4 and 2.1.5, there is a fix entitled "Fix output format and input file path bugs in GUI mesh checking function.", so I would assume the second option.

So, importing the .des file is the way to go, and upgrading from 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 may avoid this issue and others.

Best regards,

Yvan
alexandre.lebouvier

I forgot to say that I don't use the GUI. I am not familiar yet with the new way to import mesh with the new scripts. I maybe have done sth wrong. I defined the path of my mesh in the cs_user_input_mesh routine and in 'domain.meshes=' of the launch script.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You do not need the "cs_user_input_mesh" function. By default, the code reads a file named "mesh_input" or all of the files in a directory with the same name, so this function is only for advanced uses, when for example you want to read multiple instances of a repeating pattern and translate them, and/or change mesh groups).

If you remove /empty this function, the meshes defined in domain_meshes should be used normally (i.e. imported as "mesh_input", then read by the code).

Regards,

Yvan
alexandre.lebouvier

That was the problem, it is working fine now. Once again, thank you very much Yvan.

Alex