ECS Installation Problem

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
garyt123

ECS Installation Problem

Post by garyt123 »

Hello,

Some time ago I successfully installed V2 RC2 on my Ubuntu 10.04 64bit machine with no problems. I now want to install V2.04 but the installation script aborts with the error below. Configure, Make Clean & Make results in the same problem. Attached is my log file should this be needed.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Gary

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/src/appli'
Making all in src/outils
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/src/outils'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/src/outils'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/po'
test ! -f /home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2/po/cs_preprocess.pot || \
test -z "/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2/po/fr.gmo" || make /home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2/po/fr.gmo
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/po'
cd /home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2/po && rm -f fr.gmo && : -c --statistics --verbose -o fr.gmo fr.po
mv: cannot stat `t-fr.gmo': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2/po/fr.gmo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/po'
make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gary/CAE-data/downloaded-code/install/saturne/v2.04/ecs-2.0.2.build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Attachments
install_saturne.log.tar.gz
(198.93 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
garyt123

Re: ECS Installation Problem

Post by garyt123 »

I tried V2.05 installer and it seems to have done the trick. Problem solved.
saturne_user

Post by saturne_user »

From where did you get the installer 2.05?
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

I got it from the download section of this forum:

http://code-saturne.org/cms/download/2.0
saturne_user

Post by saturne_user »

Thanks

but i am getting some problem with the cmake

the script does not recognizr the cmake on my system

Cmake Error at CmakeLists.txt:5 (cmake policy)
policy "CMP0015" is not known to this version of Cmake

I am using 64 bit Ubuntu

Thanks
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

CMake is only used to install CGNS, so if you do not need CGNS, or already have a packaged CGNS library, edit the installer setup file to avoid downloading and building the CGNS 3.1 library.

Otherwise, you will need to upgrade to a more recent CMake version (what version of Ubuntu are you using ? On recent versions, the version of CMake installed through the package manager works fine).

Best regards,

Yvan
saturne_user

Post by saturne_user »

it is 10.04 LTS
alberich

Post by alberich »

Hello,
I had the same pb (policy "CMP0015" is not known to cmake version 2.8.0).
On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, you'll need a newer version of cmake, which is, however, not available in the lucid main repository. The first version, which supports the CMP0015 policy is afaik the cmake version 2.8.1. For 10.04 LTS, it is available in the backport repository (http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu lucid-backports partner).
After an update, it works.
al