Atmospheric flow : Changing IWALFS

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Julien.Commanay

Atmospheric flow : Changing IWALFS

Post by Julien.Commanay »

Dear Code_Saturne users,

Using Code_Saturne for atmospheric flows, I have some difficulties in order to maintain input meteo profiles (initially generated through idealized large scale meteorological data) on a flat terrain with stable conditions (it's quite fine for both neutral and unstable conditions). Any feedback/suggestion on this?

I'd like to make some tests by changing IWALFS (in order to test CS_WALL_F_S_MONIN_OBUKHOV while default is CS_WALL_F_S_MONIN_LOUIS), could someone tell me where this can be done since this parameter does not seem to be accessible in the GUI?

Kind regards

Julien C.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Atmospheric flow : Changing IWALFS

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

It does not appear in the documentation, but if you search for MONIN_OBUKHOV in the src/user_examples/cs_user_parameters-base.c file, you will find an example.

Best regards,

Yvan
Julien.Commanay

Thanks a lot!
konst

Post by konst »

Using Code_Saturne for atmospheric flows, I have some difficulties in order to maintain input meteo profiles (initially generated through idealized large scale meteorological data) on a flat terrain with stable conditions (it's quite fine for both neutral and unstable conditions). Any feedback/suggestion on this?
Hi Julien,
Stable meteo-conditions is harder to simulate. But you can try to turn on Boussinesq approximation and maybe decrease a bit solver precision on "pressure"

Best regards,
Konstantin
Julien.Commanay

Thanks Konstantin