Conjugate heat transfer of simple geometries - comparison with exp data

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Antech

Re: Conjugate heat transfer of simple geometries - comparison with exp data

Post by Antech »

Hello.
If you need user post-processing functions, I can't help because I never used it.
If you need to print results, use this:

Code: Select all

bft_printf("Zone volume: %.2f [m3]\n",zoneVlm);
zoneVlm: variable to print.
%.2f: format substring, variable value will be printed instead of it. Digit means number of decimal places (please see printf manual, it's the same format).
\n: new line character (you may add it in the beginning of line also).
If you need several variables, just mark their places with format specifiers like in this example and then place comma-separated variables list instead of one variable:

Code: Select all

bft_printf("Zone volume: %.2f [m3], ave temperature: %.1f [C]\n",zoneVlm,tempAve);
It will print in log (listing), not in GUI window. Also, please note that it's only for core0 (first process), other processes will not print. If you need every process to print, use printf with the same syntax, it will print in GUI window.
If you need to print to separate files, fopen/fprint/fclose will help, you can find many manuals in Internet. But I don't know how to isolate first process (by default, every process will create file and fprint to it).
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello Antech,

Thank you again for your help.

It works now. The variable zoneTempAve output gives temperature in degC.
I have a difference of 2 - 3 degC when I compare with the integration of Paraview. I need to check if the time is the same when I measure the average temperature.

Is it possible to save the results in a separate file .dat for example ?

I still have my problem of coupling=0 in the solver.log...
I don't know if it works really, it strange beacuse the temperature increase in the solid, so there is a coupling somewhere.
One boundary is not recognize during the creation of the interface solid/fluid. I this case I use a single mesh with solid + fluid.

Best regards

Thank you again.
Attachments
run_solver.log
(9.79 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you follow the forum usage recommendations, you'll see more may be needed than simply the run_solver.log.

Here though, I see no "coupling = 0". Simply "coupling_id = 0". As multiple couplings are possible, with ids 0, 1, ... this simply means this section of the log describes the first (and only) coupling.

So everything seems to be working normally, and you do have an active coupling.

Best regards,

Yvan