Boundary names of CS results not showing in Paraview

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sofenkumarjena

Boundary names of CS results not showing in Paraview

Post by sofenkumarjena »

Hi users,
My all boundaries of the geometry are duly names in code saturne and I am providing the boundary condition in CS. However after computation when I am opening the code saturne results in paraview, I am not finding the name of these boundaries anywhere in the para view. I want to see wall heat flux or wall shear stress at some particular wall and take area average value of the same. I am not sure how to do the same using Code Saturne. Kindly help me to figure out the same.

With Regards

Sofen
Yvan Fournier

Re: Boundary names of CS results not showing in Paraview

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you run in "mesh preprocessing" or "mesh quality criteria" mode, code_saturne will separate postprocessing mesh blocks (in the EnSight format) for each group in the mesh (not based on user-defined zones, but groups originally present).

In compute mode, this is not available (to avoid many small writes), so boundary values (when activated) are visualized on the full boundary.

If you output results in CGNS or MED format, you will be able to access boundary zone information more easily, but I am not sure ParaView handles that well for CGNS (last time I checked, some data was present but I could not isolate associated blocks), and for the MED format, you need the MED reader plugin (i.e. using PARAVIZ from the SALOME platform).

Regards,

Yvan