Two-way lagrangian for modeling Cyclonic separator

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Joel

Two-way lagrangian for modeling Cyclonic separator

Post by Joel »

Hello,
I can only use code_starune 5.0 windows version (I am not administrator of my computer to freely choose).
I need to do Lagrangian Two-way coupling modeling, and the calculation fail without any indication of the reason.
- The unsteady turbulence flow without lagrangian model works so fail come from lagrangian module
- I test three turbulence models (k-eps, RIJ-eps SSG, RIJ-eps EBRSM) and all fail. The k-eps whithout any indication of the problem
- I change the number of iteration after which coupling start but this doesn't change the fail.

Can someone see my setup.xml (attached file) and explain me what wrong's in my lagrangian module data ?
Attachments
setup.xml
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Two-way lagrangian for modeling Cyclonic separator

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Without more details (see forum usage recommendations for list), and not knowing it which stage it fails, it is difficult to guess.

Debugging is particularly difficult using the old Windows builds, as we cannot provide a way to add instrumentation then rebuild the code (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2034&p=16174#p16174).

So while we can offer suggestions for retired versions such as v5.0, we cannot search for/fix bugs in that version. If you find some way to access a Linux virtual machine or a WSL on Windows, it will really help making progress.

Best regards,

Yvan