Launching code_saturne on windows

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
HBELG

Launching code_saturne on windows

Post by HBELG »

Hello,

I am a new user f code saturne, and i had practiced some simulation on the 3rd version of this software, but installing the recent one (code_saturne 5) I couldn't launch on windows, it does not create a runcase field (whether i started a new file or a new case), I don't know if I have to run it on ubuntu to avoid this problem ?

I will be glad if anyone could help, or explain to me the reason of this problem

Thank you, best regards
Yvan Fournier

Re: Launching code_saturne on windows

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Does the case creation work ? Are you editing a file inside a case ? Do you have spaces in your directory names (should work, but safer to try without) ? Accents in directory names ? (risky).

Best regards,

Yvan
HBELG

Post by HBELG »

Hello, Thanks for replying, in fact maybe you are right about space, ( despite that i have like 16.3 GO free on this partition for windows), but what i am doing now is simplifying more my geometry, because shapes in it (which represent buildings) have many edges and faces, so it is not that clean, i will try with my simplified one and see, (i am doing this because there is no check mesh on code saturne, so i don't know if my geometry is well done or it has problems),, and i will check also points you revealed
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I was not mentioning free space, but white space in file names...

And yes, there is a mesh checking mode when launching the runcase (but you need the runcase file to exist first).

Regards,

Yvan
HBELG

Post by HBELG »

Hello again,

Sorry, it was a mistake, ( a stupid mistake), and finally the simulation works, it is what you mentioned at the beginning, the new case was not running IN the new file, now I do it right and i have all my files,

Thanks a lot for helping,

Best regards

Houda