Error in radiation heat transfer

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jundi He

Error in radiation heat transfer

Post by Jundi He »

Hi:

I have a coupling case (Code-saturne and Syrthes) which has two solid and a fluid domain in the middle. I can run the simulation without considering radiation heat transfer. Now I need to consider radiation, mainly the radiation between the surface of the two solid domains, which is also the two surfaces of the fluid domain (coupling surface). I've set the initial temperature and emissivity of the two walls, and run the coupling simulation, and it fails, the error says, Some boundary condition definitions are incomplete or incorrect. The screenshots are my settings of the wall boundary conditions. Anyone know what's my problem is? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards!
Jundi He
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-02-07 11-43-51.png
Screenshot from 2017-02-07 11-43-12.png
Luciano Garelli

Re: Error in radiation heat transfer

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello Jundi He,

Please check the value of the head loss (K) in the "Free inlet/Oulet" boundary condition. By default (in my cases) this value is not setted and give me a similar error. But if you say that the error appears only when you activate the radiation module I do not think this is the error.

Additionally, can you post the listing file?

Regards,

Luciano
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Luciano:

Thanks for the help! This is my listing file, and I don't understand what the error is. Thank you!

Best Regards!
Jundi He
Attachments
listing.txt
(37.18 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Luciano Garelli

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello,

Reading the listing file, I have seen that you have a warning at the Free Inlet/Outlet:

Warning : free inlet outlet boundary conditions without external head loss definition

and I think that the error (may be) comes from the walls BC's. Did you try with smooth wall?

Regards,

Luciano
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi:

When I change the boundary condition from free inlet/outlet to outlet, it still has the same error. Are you sure the error is about the head loss definition? Because when I cancel the radiation boundary conditions, the coupling simulation can run successfully, but when I impose the radiation, it just has an error. I've tried smooth walls, but it has another error when the wall is smooth:

SIGFPE signal (floating point exception) intercepted!

Is there any problems with my radiation settings? If it's needed, I can send you my xml file of the fluid domain. Thanks!

Best Regards!
Jundi He
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I may have missed a piece of this thread or read too fast, but are you trying to add a radiative boundary condition on faces coupled with Syrthes ? This would work using Syrthes's transparent radiative module, but not Code_Saturne's semi-transparent module (some developments towards this have been done by advanced users, but have not been checked for generality / discussed with the Syrthes team / integrated yet).

Best Regards,

Yvan
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Yvan:

Thanks for the reply, I will try it later on with syrthes's transparent mode.

Best Regards!
Jundi He