cs_gas_mix_physical_properties & cs_gas_mix_initialization

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
frpageot

cs_gas_mix_physical_properties & cs_gas_mix_initialization

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

Has anyone ever used those SRC file to compute, aside with cs_user_parameters, humid air calculations ? I wander what are the different steps to have it run correctly. Thanks.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Re: cs_gas_mix_physical_properties & cs_gas_mix_initializati

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We did humid air calculations for cooling towers in the past, using 2 scalars (temperature and humidity) to define properties (the laws are actually in the "src/ctwr/cs_ctwr_air_props.c" file of the code), but nothing recently to my knowledge.

You question is quite vague: which effects do you need to model (condensation/evaporation, or simply density and other properties) ?

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello Yvan,

Yes I agree my question is quite vague. I have seen the cs_ctwr_air_props.c after I did my own specific physics (in this post : http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1891) and I did it as you mention by defining an additional scalar aside from temperature : moisture content, and define specific equation with those parameters and air and vapor properties. But the flow of this method is how you pointed out, is that it does not take into account condensation nor evaporation. So I was wandering if using the gas mix would help to do so. Thanks.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

For condensation and evaporation, you will need appropriate user source terms. If I remember correctly, there may also be some examples in the cooling tower module, though I have not touched it in a very long time, so my memory may not be perfect...

Regards,

Yvan