A question about CS pulverized coal module capabilities

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Pablo

A question about CS pulverized coal module capabilities

Post by Pablo »

Hello everyone:

I have been using CS 4.0 from a long time, and specially the pulverized coal module but from some time ago I am facing certain situations I think I cannot manage.

Up to now (I am working with the stable release 4.0), the pulverized fuel combustion module with Lagrangian-eulerian multiphase treatment can only be performed with the frozen carrier flow treatment at least by GUI, so my questions are:
  • - Could it be possible to perform the one-way coupling instead of the aforementioned frozen-carrier treatment?
    - Is this feature able to be managed by user functions?
    - Is this feature expected to be developed in future CS releases?
Regards ;) ,
Yvan Fournier

Re: A question about CS pulverized coal module capabilities

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This limitation should be removed by version 4.3 this summer (I'll need to check about the GUI).

We're in the process of a conversion of the Lagrangian module to C, with quite a bit of cleanup, improvements in the handling of statistics and postprocessing, ... so the removal of this limitation should be part of the whole (I already removed some similar limitations for clogging, but have not done it yet for coal combustion).

Regards,

Yvan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hello Yvan:

When you mean "limitation" it means it is already inside the code but not reachable by GUI?

Greetings ;)
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure (I didn't check). It might be blocked by options checking, or not... You can check, but chances are it will fail some way in th current version.

In the case of clogging, I had to ensure some values were initialized correctly, or were not zero, when not doing a restart, so the code needed a few modifications to run. I assume it is the same for combustion, but I'll check when testing the new/modified code.

Regards,

Yvan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hello Yvan:

We will dive into the code and let's see what can we find. ;)

Thank you very much, as usual.