Boundary Conditions Error

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
husanhao

Boundary Conditions Error

Post by husanhao »

Hi,

I try to run the Electrical Arc model on Code_Saturne V3.0.0, but I got the boundary conditions error. According to the listing file, the message shows that the error come from the "INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS" however, I already set both inlet and outlet in my model, can anyone please help me to figure out what is the problems? Thanks.

Since the file size is too big, please go to the following link to download my model, thanks.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/776 ... 03TEST.tar

Best Regards
Eric
Jacques Fontaine

Re: Boundary Conditions Error

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

Hello,

And symmetries ?
JF
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Hi, JF,

Thanks for your reply, I try to set the symmetries in CS V3.0.0, but I don't really know how to set it. I followed this tutorial ( http://code-saturne.org/cms/sites/defau ... _Study.pdf), but this tutorial doesn't say that I need to set the symmetries. I fluid in my model is just air ( in normal condition, 20 degree celsius), can you please tell me how to set the symmetries in my model, thanks!!!

Best Regards
Eric
Jacques Fontaine

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

To impose "symmetry" you must select type "symmetry" in GUI. If you are using user fortran for setup, please read the headers.

By the way there are examples of symmetry condition in the other tuto.
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Hi, JF,

Thanks for your reply, however, I think there is no symmetries boundary condition in my model. So, do you have any ideas about how to fix the boundary conditions error? Thanks.

Best Regards
Eric
Erwan Le Coupanec

Post by Erwan Le Coupanec »

Hello,

I guess the suggestion was to impose symmetry boundary conditions on the boundaries where bad conditions are found by the code.

Based on your results, the first error is found on an inlet face where a scalar has no Dirichlet value imposed, which is indeed forbidden. By changing the type of the boundary zone to which this face belongs (from inlet to symmetry), I managed to make your model run fine over 10 iterations and then stopped it manually.

You can look at the examples of boundary conditions definition by user subroutines for the electric module SRC/EXAMPLES/cs_user_boundary_conditions-electric_arcs.f90. There is a definition of inlet. You'll see that for that type of B.C., the electric variables are treated specifically (meaning not as standard scalars are treated at inlets).

Regards,
Erwan.
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Erwan,
Thanks for your help, I will see the deatils setting of the inlet boundary condition in Electrical Arc.

Best Regards
Eric