Trajectory problem with Paraview

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
chesswright

Re: Trajectory problem with Paraview

Post by chesswright »

In the code-Saturne3.1 GUI, I see a folder called "Particles and droplets tracking" as you describe. Under it, I see only "Global Settings" and "Statistics". There is nothing labeled "Output". Under folder "Calculation Control" I see "Output Control". I had already set the output listing at each time step to 1. Under the tab "Particles mesh" I have a Particles mesh and a trajectories mesh, but there is no setting for displacement. I see no tick boxes anywhere for Trajectory mode or displacement mode
Yohann Eude

Post by Yohann Eude »

The label 'output' exists in the "Particles and droplets tracking" folder on version 3.0 and 3.0.1. I used this two versions for lagrangian simulations and not the version 3.1 yet.
I just install the version 3.1 on my machine and you are right, the output about particles tracking change.
Let me see if I can find the way to obtain the file Displacement.case.
guingo

Post by guingo »

Hi,

starting from 3.1, Displacement.CASE is replaced by Particles.CASE with the same purpose, i.e. visualizing the time evolution of the particle position (= making animated movies with EnSight of Paraview) and additional attached variables. The setting of the particles output in the GUI has been moved to the general output menu.

Trajectories.CASE gives filament-like, motionless views of the trajectories of the particles.

The biggest evolution is that this kind of post-processing is compatible with parallelized computation starting from version 3.1 (thanks Yvan !)

Best regards,
Mathieu