Lagrangian solver

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
chesswright

Lagrangian solver

Post by chesswright »

I cannot seem to get the lagrangian solver to calculate anything. I keep getting an out of memory error. I did a steady flow solution without any particles and that ran successfully, so I don't think it is a problem with the grid. I'm posting the case1.xml file. I would really appreciate it if someone could point out if I am setting up the case wrong. It is a 2D airfoil with particles. If there are other files I should post let me know. I have not been able to find an example case for Eulerian-Lagrangian flow. perhaps if you could point me to one I would appreciate it. Thanks
Attachments
case1.xml
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
guingo

Re: Lagrangian solver

Post by guingo »

Hi,

in the Lagrangian boundary condition, you must prescribe a number a classes other than 0 to inject particles through your inlet. (Note that due to a display bug, after setting for instance "1" class, you will have to click again on the "1" to have access to the definition of the properties of the class (density, diameter, etc.)

However, I will be interested to have a look at your listing to see from where the error come from ; if possible, could you please post it here ?

Best regards,
Mathieu