code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 7.2.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
nppetro

code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 7.2.0

Post by nppetro »

Dear friends,

I would appreciate your suggestions.

My Linux system is Fedora 17/32 bit

My saturne version is 3.0

My Salome version is 7.2.0 installed from 32 bit universal binaries

Configure was run with option --with-salome=/home/salome/salome/Salome-V7_2_0-LGPL-i686

Salome seems to run OK with runAppli.

Code saturne installs with no errors

However, when giving

./code_saturne salome

system answers

SALOME not available in this installation.

Do I miss something here?

Note: code_saturne is in /home/saturne

Thanking everybody in advance

Nick
Yvan Fournier

Re: code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 7.2.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, this should work, but as we try to autodetect SALOME for several build types, we may have missed some combinations...

Are you using Code_Saturne 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 ? There was a fix in 3.0.1 relative to detection of some SALOME builds, and there is a second one in upcoming 3.0.2 (not released yet, but you can get the fix at http://code-saturne.org/viewvc/saturne/ ... _salome.m4; you then need to run ./sbin/bootstrap from to top source directory, which requires having autotools and such installed...).

You may also post your config.log here for additional details.

Regards,

Yvan
nppetro

Post by nppetro »

Thank you indeed for your reply.

My cs version is actually 3.0.1. Sorry, I missed to report it correctly.

edit:

[got the fix into the m4 dir in the source folder

Then from the top I run /sbin/bootstrap

Then configure etc. make make install. However, no luck SALOME is not there]

Since we are now on to it, and there seems to exist a small bug, I also noticed the following:

(a)

I have installed med 3.0.6 using the install_saturn.py script up to the point where saturn configuration starts. Installation dir was /home/medlib/opt1.0/med-3.0.6

However, and when starting the saturne installation and despite telling the configurator that --with-med=/home/medlib ... etc. MED headers could not be found. Yet, they do exist in /home/medlib/opt1.0/med-3.0.6/include

The reason that I used the .py script was that MED instructions were in French, which I do not handle well.

and (b)

My system does have cgns and blas installed by its package manager. However, saturne installer seems that it cannot find them. This happens even if I tell the configurator the dir paths of these packages.

edit: (b) was corrected. I had not installed the devel packages therefore headers were missing.

edit: I assume that (a) might be part of the same problem.

Thank you once more for your time

Nick
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you post your config.log file, I should be able to get more information on why some package detections failed and what to do about them.

For SALOME, your bin/package.py (in the build directory) may be useful also.

Regards,

Yvan
nppetro

Post by nppetro »

Dear Yvan,

Here is what I finally did after giving it some trial and error:

(A) For SALOME and CodeSaturne (cs)

1. I untarred the cs tarball thus creating a clean source directory

2. I went to m4 directory and replaced cs_salome.m4 with the latest version as you suggested

3. From source home I run ./sbin/bootstrap

4. Then I run configure with the --prefix and --with-salome choices

5. The executable of cs was created and was able to start salome giving the command code_saturne salome

(B) For med library

It is definite that med library should be put in the same directory where the bin of code_saturne would be placed. It seems to me that file cs_med.m4 cannot find it, if it is located elsewhere.

Thank you once more.

Nick
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. There is still no reason --with-med=<path_to_external_med> should not work (it works on all other machines I have tested on so far), so I would still be interested in the config.log file for the case where MED was not detected correctly, if you still have that.

Regards,

Yvan