Head loss

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
luyitang

Head loss

Post by luyitang »

Hello everyone,

I'm making a model to simulate the heat exchange between the pipe and the fluid with CS and Syrthes. My pipe is serpentine, I would like to know if the head loss at the turnings due to the shape have been taken into consideration in the code or not. Do I need to define it from GUI my self?

Lots of thanks ^^
Luyi
Yvan Fournier

Re: Head loss

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You only need head losses if you do not represent the full geometry, but use a simplified geometry with a porous representation of complex areas. So you should not need to add head losses in your case.

Note that the better quality your mesh is, and the better it is adapted to the turbulence model you use, the more precise the pressure drop between inlet and outlet will be.

Regards,

Yvan
luyitang

Re: Head loss

Post by luyitang »

Thanks Yvan, it helps a lot!

Best regards
Luyi
Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

You only need head losses if you do not represent the full geometry, but use a simplified geometry with a porous representation of complex areas. So you should not need to add head losses in your case.

Note that the better quality your mesh is, and the better it is adapted to the turbulence model you use, the more precise the pressure drop between inlet and outlet will be.

Regards,

Yvan