code saturne with syrthes

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Hakim

Re: code saturne with syrthes

Post by Hakim »

Hello,

How do I define the boundary conditions in syrthes4.0.1?
I mesh with gambit. I have a structure composed of two materials. For faces I give references in suitable accommodations in "specify boundary types". For both materials I also give references in "specify continuum types". But in Syrthes I try to specify the physical properties for both materials in their giving references used in gambit field it gives error. My question is how to define the physical properties for both materials in Syrthes? Is that I have to get the references of all the faces that make up the materials?

Regards;

Hakim
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is also an issue that is better adressed by Syrthes support. In any case, you at least need to specify what file format you used between GAMBIT and Syrthes, and post a copy of your error.
Without such information, we don't even know if we know the answer to your question. So please follow the forum recommendations, if this does not seem obvious to you.

Regards,

Yvan
Hakim

Post by Hakim »

Hello,

you will find the example I want to run.

Regars;

Hakim
Attachments
cube.tar.gz
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 270 times
Hakim

Post by Hakim »

Hello;

You will find in the attached file the geometric shape of my example (3 dimensions). The question is as follows:
How do I reference both solid on gambit in order to characterize the physical properties of each solid on Syrthes? For the boundary conditions I have to give a reference for each side.
And the faces of connectivity between the two solids must be common or separate (face 1, face 2)?
Something else, can I considered the surface resistance as boundary conditions between two solids of different kinds, in my case like face 1.

Regards;

Hakim.
Attachments
Hakim.docx
(14.67 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Sorry, but I can't read your file correctly (under the version of LibreOffice I use, I only get a black square and a bit of text). Post a pdf, not a docx.

In any case, you still did not confirm what format you are exporting to from GAMBIT; I assume gambit neutral .neu, but it could be .unv).

Looking at the source code, the Syrthes reader for Gambit neutral seems to search for volume groups in the Gambit .neu file (same as for Code_Saturne). I don't know how you define those groups under Gambit (saw it being used, but never used it). Again checking the source code, when Syrthes converts group names into material numbers, it should print the matching number in the its log file, so check this.

Regards,

Yvan
Hakim

Post by Hakim »

Hello;

The format I use is Gambit.neu. In the case where the physical properties are the same there is no problem. But when I want to differentiate between the two solid by giving them different physical properties I don't know what the procedure, to follow in Gambit, is. Something else, can I considered the surface resistance as boundary conditions between two solids of different kinds, in my case like face 1.

Regards;

Hakim
Attachments
Hakim.pdf
(91.05 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Hakim

Post by Hakim »

Hello Yvan;

why this silence, I hope you get well. I rely heavily on your answer, so please do not forget me.

Regards;

Hakim.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello Hakim,

As I explained in a previous post, I am not a Gambit user. So I cannot tell you how to define physical properties under Gambit, because I have never done it (I know how to check a .neu file to see if they have been generated correctly, but that's all).

As for your second question, I do not know the answer either: I am sure Syrthes 3.4 allowed for definition of a thermal resistance, so I assume Syrthes 4 allows for this also, but I have not used this, so I'll let you check the documentation yourself.

Regards,

Yvan
Hakim

Post by Hakim »

Hello Ivan;

thank you for responding. so I'll try to find the solution elsewhere because in the document of syrthes I could not find anything.

Regards;

Hakim.