Volume Conditions Initiation Failure

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
garyt123

Volume Conditions Initiation Failure

Post by garyt123 »

Greetings,

I've installed v2.3.1 on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine (apparently successfully). When building one of my benchmark models from scratch in the GUI I find I cannot initiate the volume conditions in the GUI when I press "Initialization". The text at the bottom of this message is written to shell. This happens if I install using the install script or manually. Does anyone have any pointers as to what this may be?

Regards

Gary

Code: Select all

File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Base/MainView.py", line 869, in displayNewPage
    self.Browser)
  File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Base/BrowserView.py", line 570, in display
    return displaySelectedPage(name, root, case, stbar, study, tree)
  File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Base/Toolbox.py", line 138, in displaySelectedPage
    import Pages.InitializationView as Page
  File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Pages/InitializationView.py", line 72, in <module>
    class InitializationView(QWidget, Ui_InitializationForm):
  File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Pages/InitializationView.py", line 669, in InitializationView
    @pyqtSignature("constQStrinq&")
TypeError: C++ type 'constQStrinq&' is not supported as a pyqtSlot signature argument type
Attachments
config.log
(266.24 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Volume Conditions Initiation Failure

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

There seem to be some typos in the source: in file gui/Pages/InitializationView.py, there are 3 or 4 occurrences of:

"constQstrinq&"
which should be replaced by:

"const Qstring&"
I'll add the fix to version 2.3.2, but in the meantime, if you fix those 4 strings and re-install, things should work.

Best regards, and thanks for the feedback,

Yvan
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Thanks Yvan.

Regards

Gary
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Hi Yvan,

Unfortunately the same error occurrs with this fix:

File "/opt/saturne/v2.3/code_saturne-2.3.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/Pages/InitializationView.py", line 669, in InitializationView
    @pyqtSignature("const Qstring&")
TypeError: C++ type 'Qstring' is not supported as a pyqtSlot signature argument type
Regards

Gary
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Sorry, I missed another typo: the "s" must be capitalized on QString:

"const QString&"
Best regards,

Yvan
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Hi Yvan,

I deleted all previously installed files to ensure a new installation, made the required edits to InitializationView.py and recompiled, but unfortunately the problem still occurs.

@pyqtSignature("const QStrinq&")
TypeError: C++ type 'QStrinq' is not supported as a pyqtSlot signature argument type
It seems a bit odd that other users haven't run into this problem, or could it be that I'm the only person in the known universe using the GUI :o

Regards

Gary
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You still seem to have missed the "ugliest" part of the typo: replace the q with a g at the end of QString.

I actually had trouble reproducing your problem (and did not in fact reproduce it), simply because the typos affect only a few dialogs, which do not seem to appear in most option combinations, execpt maybe in the compressible model, which is very little used (and reportedly needs more work before it is really usable, though it may be usable in 3.0).

So quite a few people are using the GUI, but they may be simulating different types of flows. What type of flow features are you using ?

Best regards,

Yvan
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Hello Yvan,

You were of course correct, I completely missed the q > g problem. The GUI seems to be working OK now, although I now get a runtime error which I need to look in to.

The model is a 2D wing in unsteady flow, pretty simple really. The attached .xml file had initialisation problems before applying your fixes. Hope this helps.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Gary
Attachments
flaps_K-Omega_SST_v2.3.xml
(10.14 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Thanks for the XML file. It seems you had the issue with the GUI while not using options leading to the display of the entries causing the issue, while I could not reproduce the issue on a Debian Squeeze system, which explains why I assumed you had more complex physics.

In any case, the bug will be fixed for upcoming bug-fix release 2.3.2 (within 1 to 3 weeks) in addition to version 3.0.

Best regards,

Yvan