Can't configure branch from svn: build-aux missing

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Nicoto

Can't configure branch from svn: build-aux missing

Post by Nicoto »

Hi,

After downloading Branch V2.3.0 from the svn repository, I execute 'autoconf' to generate a 'configure' file. However, 'configure' then probes for 'build-aux' and 'install-sh', etc, which are nowhere to be found.. Probably a straight forward question/answer but I've not been able to resolve it looking at the repository and querying the net.

Thanks,

Nicolas
Yvan Fournier

Re: Can't configure branch from svn: build-aux missing

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

When pulled from svn, you must first run ./sbin/bootstrap from the Code_Saturne top directory.
This requires additional prerequisites (mainly GNU autotools), which are listed in the installation documentation.

Best regards,

Yvan
Nicoto

Post by Nicoto »

Thanks Yvan.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

You are welcome.

Note that for a given branch, a case's data setup is "stable", so when you update the code, you should in theory get only bug fixes, and otherwise no major changes.

Trunk is still changing quite a bit, and a 3.0 branch should be pulled for version 3.0, which will be a "long term maintenance release", and undergo more complete validation before its release in January 2013). When that branch is opened, I would recommend switching to it (though bug fixes that are easy to merge will be merged into 2.3).

Best regards,

Yvan