Error when trying to run a case.

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
greelmind

Error when trying to run a case.

Post by greelmind »

Hi, I'm having an error when I try to run a case.

I'm attaching a screenshot.
usuarioubuntu@SAN1496UBU:~/2D/2D/DATA$ sudo ./SaturneGUI

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
grep: /home/usuarioubuntu/2D/DATA/23: No such file or directory

Single processor Code_Saturne simulation

Code_Saturne is running

Working directory (to be periodically cleaned) : 
   /home/usuarioubuntu/tmp_Saturne/usuarioubuntu.2D.08251152

Kernel version:           /usr
Preprocessor:             /usr/bin

-- ERROR -- 
The parameters file  /home/usuarioubuntu/2D/DATA/23
can not be accessed.
thanks!

Andrés
Attachments
Screenshot-3.png
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error when trying to run a case.

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You should not need to run Code_Saturne using sudo (if you do, it means you have an installation problem).

Did you move your case after calling "code_saturne create" ? It seems the path for your case is ~2D/2D, while the script is searching for 2D.

In general, with Code_Saturne versions < 2.1, you should initially build both a study (-s option to code_saturne create) and a case (-c option). You may then later add cases in the study. Alternatively, you may simply build a case, then create a "MESH" directory at the same level as the case (this is the directory structure the runcase script will be looking for).

In any case, if you move a case, you must update paths inside the runcase script.

If your problem does not come from this, can you post a copy of your runcase and case.xml files ?

Best regards,

Yvan
greelmind

Post by greelmind »

Hi Yvan, thanks for the reply.

I run the Gui  using sudo because this make that the graphical interface looks fine, otherwise when i try to press the icons a little black box is showed. (take a look of the screenshots)

I didn't move the case.

I all ready have  build the study, case and mesh  directory, but I'm having the same error.

What should I do to "reInstall" the latest version of C-S in a  recently cleaned version of Ubuntu 11.04? The first time that I try to install the program, I download all the files and then try to compile but without success.  Lately  I have used the python script to install C-S, do I have to do something else  after running the  script?

Thanks!

Andrés
Attachments
Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-1.png
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello Andrés,

I have the explanation for the black boxes (I had them on Ubuntu also): they are simply due to the choice of color/background color in the Ubuntu default gtk themes (the Code_Saturne GUI uses qt4, and always uses black text, so we might have to find an improvement there).

In any case, using a slightly lighter background for help bubbles will solve that problem (sudo/root probably uses a slightly different theme).

I suggest then running without sudo, and checking if you still have the same problem.

Otherwise, installing with the script should be fine, and there is nothing else to do.

Best regards,

Yvan