Error while installing SYRTHES on ubuntu 11.04 before instal

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Andrea Pisa

Error while installing SYRTHES on ubuntu 11.04 before instal

Post by Andrea Pisa »

Hello,
i'm having some problems on installing syrthes 3.4.3 following the readme file at the first step In my Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit i cant source this file,

polial@polial-desktop:~/Scrivania/syrthes3.4.3/bin$ source syrthes.profile
: comando non trovato
bash: syrthes.profile: riga 46: errore di sintassi vicino il simbolo non atteso "elif"
bash: syrthes.profile: riga 46: `    elif [ "`domainname 2>/dev/null`" = "cluste'-chatou" ] ; then
polial@polial-desktop:~/Scrivania/syrthes3.4.3/bin$

either deleting all the lines and leaving :

NOM_ARCH=Linux_x86_64
PATHSYR=/home/syrthes
SYRTHES_HOME=${PATHSYR}/syrthes3.4.3
PATH=${SYRTHES_HOME}/bin:${SYRTHES_HOME}/bin/${NOM_ARCH}:$PATH
export PATH
export NOM_ARCH NOM_USER SYRTHES_HOME

the result is

polial3@polial3-HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-MT-PC:~/Scrivania/syrthes3.4.3/bin$ source syrthes.profile
": non un identificatore valido
": non un identificatore valido
polial3@polial3-HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-MT-PC:~/Scrivania/syrthes3.4.3/bin$

but if write these command line by line in a terminal following these tutorial i just wrote :

"Download SYRTHES from the EDF site,

Unzip in a directory.
If you follow the README file in Ubuntu probably the source file doesn't work, so you have to manually write these commands in a terminal :

NOM_ARCH=Linux_x86_64
PATHSYR=/home/syrthes
SYRTHES_HOME=${PATHSYR}/syrthes3.4.3
PATH=${SYRTHES_HOME}/bin:${SYRTHES_HOME}/bin/${NOM_ARCH}:$PATH
export PATH
export NOM_ARCH NOM_USER SYRTHES_HOME

Now manually create the directory mentioned in PATHSYR, inside PATHSYR copy the directory syrthes3.4.3 you just unzipped.

Now, returning to the README FILE,configure Makefile.in adding to the part for Linux_x86_64 the line for fortran compiler that is gfortran (if you don't have install from repositories), your code should be like this:

ifeq ($(NOM_ARCH), Linux_x86_64)
#-------------------------------
# Preprocesseur
PREPROC =
PREPROCFLAGS =
# C compiler
CC = /usr/bin/gcc
CFLAGS = -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_C_IO
# FORTRAN compiler
FC = /usr/bin/gfortran
FCFLAGS = -O2 -DHAVE_C_IO -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
# loader
LD = /usr/bin/gfortran
LDFLAGS = -O2
#
endif

Now before doing make install, edit the file Makefile at line 36, the code should be without any PATH :

include Makefile.in

Now you can type make install . "

But at the end when i type syrthes_create_case i obtain :

polial3@polial3-HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-MT-PC:~$ syrthes_create_case miocaso
Il programma "syrthes_create_case" non è attualmente installato.  È possibile installarlo digitando:
sudo apt-get install syrthes
polial3@polial3-HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-MT-PC:~$

(the program is not actually installed, it's possible to install typing ...)

How can i solve this? if i install both
syrthes and saturne from apt i get older versions and more important the error of .MED .UNV files unrecognized (bad compiling)

Thanks in advance
Martin Isack

Re: Error while installing SYRTHES on ubuntu 11.04 before in

Post by Martin Isack »

Hello Andrea,

there are Windows line ends in the files under …/syrthes3.4.3/bin/ (Makefile, Makefile.in, syrthes.profile and syrthes_create_case)

To correct this you have to open them with gedit. Then go to File → Save as… On the bottom of the dialog choose Unix/Linux instead of Windows for line ends and then overwrite the files.

Furthermore you have to change the compiler in Makefile.in.
Change /usr/bin/g77 to /usr/bin/gfortran

After doing that I was able to source syrthes.profile and compile everything. I hope it does the trick for you, too.

By the way, I would recommend to use the LTS version 10.04 instead of 11.04. Last time I use it, it was not possible to run Salome under Ubuntu 11.04. I don’t know if this issue is fixed already.

Regards,

Martin
Andrea Pisa

Post by Andrea Pisa »

Hello Martin,

Than you for your advice, i have been able to source syrthes.profile but then i get the same error, attached is the installation log. Maybe i'll try with a LTS

*edited* -> with 10.04 LTS i have the same error with the " warning: call to ‘__fgets_chk_warn’ declared with attribute warning: fgets called with bigger size than length of destination buffer"

Andrea
Attachments
syrthes.log
(17.73 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Martin Isack

Post by Martin Isack »

I’m sorry, but I have no idea, what causes this error. My guess is, that a prerequisite is missing.

I have a bash-script for the installation of Syrthes and Code_Saturne under Ubuntu 10.04. Unfortunately it’s on my workstation at my office and I won’t be there until monday (03.10.).
Jacques Fontaine

Re: Error while installing SYRTHES on ubuntu 11.04 before installing Saturne coupled to it

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

Hello,

Your installation of main Syrthes libraries seems to be done correctly. There are compilation warnings (and not error) for the postprocessing utilities.
These utilities are independants of the main program, if one of them is corrupted, the results given by Syrthes won't be affected.

syrthes2ensight.c uses /usr/include/bits/stdio2.h and not the standard input/output header stdio.h. This may be why some warnings appear.

Best regards,
Jacques Fontain
Andrea Pisa

Re: Error while installing SYRTHES on ubuntu 11.04 before installing Saturne coupled to it

Post by Andrea Pisa »

In the new ubuntu repository for the next 11.10 (oneiric) version there are both syrthes 3.4.3 and saturne 2.0.2 repository versions!

Andrea

Martin Isack

Post by Martin Isack »

Hello Andrea,

you’re right, the latest versions of Syrthes und Code_Saturne are in the repositories of Debian unstable/testing and Ubuntu 11.10 thanks to Sylvestre Ledru.

I tried the software under Oneric today and it works as expected. So if you don’t mind, using a probably unstable development version of Ubuntu, this would be the easiest way to go. The only drawback of Ubuntu versions newer than 10.04 is, that some Salome versions will not run out of the box, but with view modifications.

In the case that you still would like to install Syrthes and Code_Saturne under Ubuntu 10.04, I attached my install script as promised. In fact I just saved all commands in this file I used for the installation. That means the script is not tested and I would recommend to execute the single commands step by step. I installed Syrthes to /opt/syrthes… and Code_Saturne to /usr/local/…

Good luck

Martin
Attachments
syrthes-code_saturne_install.sh.txt
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 178 times