cs 2.1 Ubuntu 11.10

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Sergej Ovsepjan

cs 2.1 Ubuntu 11.10

Post by Sergej Ovsepjan »

Hello all,
I have a question. Does anybody succeeded to compile cs 2.1 on Ubuntu 11.10?
At first attempt I had an error with "undefined reference to" in libmei.so:
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `sinh'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `atan2'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `tanh'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `cosh'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `fmod'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `acos'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `fabs'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `sin'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `atan'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `asin'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `exp'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `tan'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `cos'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `log'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `pow'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `sqrt'
../../src/mei/.libs/libmei.so: undefined reference to `floor'
afterwards I have applied for the registration on this forum and have described my problem in the email, after which I have received new Makefile.in to copy into src/apps and reconfigured and recompiled. But now I get even stranger error:
.o  ../../preprocessor/pre-post/.libs/libprepostecs.a
../../preprocessor/base/.libs/libbaseecs.a
../../preprocessor/util/.libs/libutilecs.a /usr/lib/libhdf5.so -lmedC
-lcgns -lm -lz -ldl
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/preprocessor/appli'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/preprocessor'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/preprocessor'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/preprocessor'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/src'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `cs_solver.lo', needed by `libsaturne.la'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/.local/share/Trash/files/code_saturne-2.1.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
What does the trash have to do with in compilation PATH. Can anybody help with this?

Best Regards
Sergej
Attachments
Makefile.in.txt
(41.49 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: cs 2.1 Ubuntu 11.10

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
I am not sure what may have caused the second problem (the first is a known issue, and will be fixed in version 2.1.1), but there may be 2 alternatives :
restore the initial Makefile.in, but add:
LIBS=-lm
to the "configure" options for Code_Saturne.
I none of this works, forcce installation using "make -k" instead of "make": the syntax check for MEI exressions in the GUI will be unavailable, but the rest will be ok.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Sergej Ovsepjan

Hi Yvan,
thank you for your help. The first option with LIBS=-lm has worked!
Everything seems to be installed, going to to run some taste cases next days.

Best regards,
Sergej
Sergej Ovsepjan

Hi againe
I have now another question. How do I install CFDSTUDY? Couldn't find any manual in the installation files.
I have Salome 6.3.1 and SALOME-MECA 2011.2.

Best regards,
Sergej
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
Starting with Code_Saturne 2.1, CFDSTUDY is part of Code_Saturne. Version 2.1.0's version of CFDSTUDY might not work well yet, but 2.1.1 should be released within 1 or 2 weeks, and include fixes for CFDSTUDY (we are waiting for a few other improvements in other areas to release the version).
On my personal PC (running Ubuntu 11.10), with SALOME 6.3.1 installed under /home/yvan/opt, I needed to add the following options to my "configure" line to get CFDSTUDY working with the development trunk (future 2.2), and the same options should work with version 2.2.1 as soon as it is released:
SALOMEPRE=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_build.sh SALOMEENV=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_products.sh --with-salome-gui=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/GUI_6.3.1 --with-salome-kernel=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/KERNEL_6.3.1
(I also needed to add export LOGNAME=`logname` in my .bashrc, but this advice comes from the SALOME forum.
Once Code_Saturne is installed, simply running "code_saturne salome" instead of "code_saturne gui" launches SALOME with CFDSTUDY.
So just wait a couple of weeks for version 2.1.1, and you'll have an up-to-date CFDSTUDY working.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Sergej Ovsepjan

Hi Yvan,
thank you for the answer. No problem to wait one or two more weeks. You are doing great work. In  my opinion it is a great contribution for the science and engineering.
Best regards,
Sergej
George Xu

Post by George Xu »

Hi Yvan,
I am very curious about the timeline for version 2.1.1 release. Could you please advise the latest status about the release? How soon will it be available?
Best regards,
George
Sergej Ovsepjan

Hi,

so the 2.1.1 version of CS was released. Now the big question. How to set up coupling with code aster and how to install cfd_stduy
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
For SALOME 6.3.1, the following worked for me (with SALOME 6.3.1
installed under /home/yvan/opt, so you need to adapt paths to your own case):
source /home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_products.sh
source /home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_build.sh
Then, in a Code_Saturne build directory, run the configure step as usual, with the following additional options:
SALOMEPRE=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_build.sh \
SALOMEENV=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_products.sh \
--with-salome-gui=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/GUI_6.3.1 \
--with-salome-kernel=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/KERNEL_6.3.1
When this is done, run make && make install normally.
Once the code is installed, running
code_saturne salome
should be enough to start SALOME with CFDSTUDY (and it is not necessary to source the files as above after installation).
(I also needed to add export LOGNAME=`logname` in my .bashrc, but this
advice comes from the SALOME forum, and this should not be necessary
anymore with Salome 6.4.
With SALOME 6.4, the directory structure has changed a bit, so things may not work with Code_Saturne 2.1 yet, but Code_Saturne 2.2 should be released in January or February, and will be up-to-date relative to SALOME 6.4.
Regarding the coupling with Code_Aster, some progress has been made, but there still seems to be a bug, so the coupling is not completely functional yet.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Sergej Ovsepjan

Hi Yvan,
I still have a problem to compile cs with Salome. I couldn't compile 2.1.1 and recently I have tried 2.1.3 and I always get an error:
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/sovsep/Software/code-saturne/code_saturne-2.1.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH:+:$PYTHONPATH} \
-bcxx  -I/home/sovsep/opt/salome_6.3.1/KERNEL_6.3.1/idl/salome -I/home/sovsep/opt/salome_6.3.1/GUI_6.3.1/idl/salome CFDSTUDY_Gen.idl
/bin/bash: -bcxx: command not found
make[4]: *** [CFDSTUDY_GenSK.cc] Error 127
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/Software/code-saturne/code_saturne-2.1.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/Software/code-saturne/code_saturne-2.1.3/salome/cfd_study'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/Software/code-saturne/code_saturne-2.1.3/salome'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sovsep/Software/code-saturne/code_saturne-2.1.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I have attached config.log and Makefiles also
Attachments
make_config.zip
(63.14 KiB) Downloaded 181 times