Code_Saturne v2.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Frédérique Chevalier

Code_Saturne v2.0

Post by Frédérique Chevalier »

Hi,

Fisrt, I would like to know if there is an installation document for Code_Saturne v2.0.
Our computer department tries to install Code_Saturne v2.0 which can be found at :
http://research.edf.com/research-and-the-scientific-community/softwares/code-saturne/download-code-saturne-80059.html
but we have some problems...
First, some additional libraries need to be imported but EDF links proposed are not really clear. For example, concerning the Qt, which version is necessary? Development one? 4.7? etc
Then, our computer department seems to finally succeed in installing Code_Saturne but other problems appear...
For example, Help function in Code_Saturne interface does not work, or an other really problematic thing is: when you launch Code_Saturne interface, you have to fill some information about the study name, etc... and there are some spaces provided for writing these informations but it is impossible to write when you put the mouse cursor in these spaces... Finally, with this last problem, it is impossible to follow the interface installation check...
I am sorry if I was not clear enough but I do not really know lot of things about computer installation and if you have some questions, I will transmit them to my computer department...
Best regards,

Frédérique Chevalier

Yvan Fournier

Re: Code_Saturne v2.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Qt versions 4.4 to 4.7 all seem to work, so if one of those versions is already available as a package on a Linux Distribution, the best otpion si to choose that one.

For the help to work, you probably need to install the documentation, using
make pdf && make install-pdf
in the build directory (this requires pdflatex and fig2dev).
Finally, not being able to edit the study name and such is normal behavior: the GUI can only be used to setup a study, not to create it (this will be improved in the future).

So you first need to run:
code_saturne create --study <study_name> --case <case_name>
Then run the gui in the <study>/<case>/DATA directory (in which a SaturneGUI script ensures running code_saturne gui with the same version of the code that was used to create the case).

This behavior was the same with version 1.3.

Best regards,

Yvan