Pulverized coal and slagging TUTORIAL

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
tckosvic

Re: Pulverized coal and slagging TUTORIAL

Post by tckosvic »

all, I have successfully run the Eulerian case (chap 6) and the first Lagrangian case (chap 7) using version 4.0 beta -r6944. I have experienced none of the errors that have been seen by others.

Per Yvan, a newer version of 4.0 beta has been made available. Is that an upgrade that will improve working with the coal combustion/particle deposition problem?

Now I need to learn paraview to view the results but I would like some reference results for the chap 7 Lagrangian case and the later Lagrangian cases for comparison. Are these results available in a paper or doc someplace?

I plan on moving ahead to the subsequent Lagrangian cases when I figure out whether I have some reasonable results thus-far.

Thanks for the help,

Tom Kosvic
sante

Post by sante »

Hi ,
I would like to achieve the same tutorial with 4.0.3 using FORTRAN necessary files. But what are the FORTRAN files I should use in the DATA folder ? Now in version 3.0 I used the file " dp_FCP " and the files in the folder " usray1.f90 , usray2.f90 ".

Regards!
sante
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

There are not many people familiar with using the combustion model without the GUI, and they do not visit this Forum much.

So if the documentation is not sufficient to use the combustion model without the GUI, I strongly recommend using the GUI. It is not perfect, but at least aligns with the tutorial, and makes most settings easier.

Do you have a reason for not using the GUI ?

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

hello
as you said, the GUI is not perfect and very limited. I'm really disappointed in this new version and I think staying on version 3.0
regards

sante
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I still don't understand why you do not want to use the GUI at all ? For more advanced setups, you need to supplement it with user subroutines.

Also, there is no regression in this regard from 3.0 to 4.0, and several improvements. If 3.0 without the GUI works for you, that is good, but I do not believe adapting the tutorial, built on 3.2 (which was halfway between 3.0 and 4.0) with the GUI, to 3.0 without the GUI is easier than using it with 4.0 and the GUI. In any case, finding help on combustion issues with an older version and no GUI might be difficult, so again, as long as what you already use works, good, but the model you were might not be so trivial , but if you are not able to find the updated subroutines in 4.0 using the documentation, you will probably have the same trouble with 3.0 if you try to change things in your model.

Also, as I mentioned before, the combustion model removed in 4.0 was obsolete; 3.0 had both the new and old model, which you seem to be using but I do not know when the old model was last tested/verified.

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello
You have to convince me , I will eventually use the version and I would inform you of my progress and my concerns .
Thank you for your availability
Regards,

Sante.
sante

Post by sante »

Max number of particles at each time step.png
Hello.
I currently using the Windows version of 4.0.5 Code_Saturne and I performed the tutorial "Simulating pulverized coal combustion, coal / biomass co-combustion abd slaggingin a furnace using Lagrangian approch in Code_Saturne". The First stage took place without problems; but from Chapter 7, I encounter difficulties such as the number of particles existing in CS-3.2 and not exixste in CS-4.0.5
But I tried to do and fails to calculate the first iteration. And e do not know how to fix the errors that have me the file "listing.log".
I joinds to all this the following files:
sante

Post by sante »

hi!
I forget to attach the "list" file. So here it is:
Attachments
listing.txt
(66.46 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
sante

Post by sante »

and also here the .xml file;I really need help please

Best regard!!!
Sante.
Attachments
lagrangian.xml
(23.73 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'll try to look at this within in a few days. I still need to update/test the tutorial relative to our recent Lagragian module changes, so I might test it / debug it if required on version 4.3 and on the trunk (version 5.0 alpha) before 4.0.

Regards,

Yvan