Tensor scalar diffusivity

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
deandrade87

Tensor scalar diffusivity

Post by deandrade87 »

Hello,

checking the code, I can't find an option to set a tensor diffusivity for user scalars. Can you please confirm me that such an option does not exist? If instead it exists, where can I find it? In covofi the only options for tensor diffusivity are for the RSMs.

Thanks
Martin FERRAND

Re: Tensor scalar diffusivity

Post by Martin FERRAND »

Hello,
There exists an option to activate tensorial diffusivity for a scalar without choosing RSM Models. Set "idften(ivar)=6" in usipsu, and then compute the field "visten" (look in covofi to access to it) in cs_user_physical_properties". Warning, you can't specify different diffusion tensor for different scalars.
Cheers
Martin
deandrade87

Post by deandrade87 »

Hi Martin,

ok. I would like to insert an anisotropic diffusivity in the scalar equation and in the k and epsilon equations. Does that mean that I will always have the same diffusivity tensor and that I need to define some Prandtl or Lewis numbers to rescale according to each equation?

Thanks!
Martin FERRAND

Post by Martin FERRAND »

Hi Jacopo,
we could provide to the user the possibility of doing so in case of Eddy Viscosity Model. Yes, to distinguish the scalars, it is possible to play around with a Prandtl or a Schmidt turbulent number (it is ctheta for tensorial diffusivity).
Cheers