Add Source Term in Momentum Equation/Impose some properties

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
husanhao

Add Source Term in Momentum Equation/Impose some properties

Post by husanhao »

Dear all,

I would like use CS 3.0.0 to consider the electrodes into the computational domain. So, I need to model the solid/fluid coupling in CS 3.0.0. Could anyone please help me to solve the following problems? Thanks.

1. How to add the source term in momentum equation?
I would like to add the source term in the solid parts of the computational domain. The source term is fluid density times the velocity in the cells ( Ts=ρ*ui)

2. How to impose the electric conductivities in the cells?
I would like to impose the electric conductivities at the solid/fluid interface, which presents as below. Where σi and σj are the electric conductivities in the cells. σij=(2σi*σj)/(σi+σj )

3. How to impose the enthalpy in some regions?
I would like to impose the constant enthalpy in the solid part, for example 14000J/kg, how do I do that?

4. How to set the Specific Heat, Thermal Conductivity, Electric Conductivity, and Density in some particular cells?
I would like to set these in the solid regions, which subroutines can I use to set that in CS 3.0.0? The Specific Heat and Thermal Conductivity is the function of temperature, and Electric Conductivity and Density is the constant.

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it!!!

Best Regards
Yvan Fournier

Re: Add Source Term in Momentum Equation/Impose some propert

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure the electric arcs module in version 3.0 is the best option. 4.0 would probably be better.

The answers to most of your questions (1, 2, 4) are in the user documentation, and usually involves user subroutines.

If you're doing solid/fluid coupling, did you receive any help doing so ? There is work in progress in this regard, but it is not yet integrated even in the developpment trunk (it not not quite working yet)

Imposing the Enthalphy is more difficult, as it is a solved variable.
You might try prescribing a very high head loss in the electrodes, and use source terms with feedback to maintain the enthalpy near the required value in the electrodes. But convergence will probably be quite "touchy"...

Regards,

Yvan
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Dear Yvan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will check the user manual of CS4.0.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any help for doing the solid/fluid coupling, I studied some papers or thesis that consider the electrodes into the computational domain and these papers show some results, so I want to simulate my model by doing solid/fluid coupling.

If I got any questions after studying the user manual of CS4.0, I will ask you again, thanks again.

Best Regards
Eric
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'll try to think to keep you informed when the new coupling features in merged (probably not before a few months). In the meantime, my previous suggestion might work.

Regards,

Yvan