problem about code_saturne version 4.0.2

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
yhuang

problem about code_saturne version 4.0.2

Post by yhuang »

Hi,everyone:
can you tell me how to use code_saturne with Parallel computing.By the way,I don't know how to control the frequency of twophase result output which by nvisla in version 3.0.
Thank you very much.
Yvan Fournier

Re: problem about code_saturne version 4.0.2

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Somebody else recently asked about parallel runs on this forum, so you should find more info here.

About nvisla, Particle writers in version 4 behave similarly to the standard "Eulerian" writer, so you can adjust the frequency in the "calculation control/outputcontrol" section of the GUI.

Regards,

Yvan
yhuang

Post by yhuang »

Thank you for your replay.I use code_saturne 4.0.2 with no GUI.So can you tell me how to control output partical massage
yhuang

Post by yhuang »

Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

Somebody else recently asked about parallel runs on this forum, so you should find more info here.

About nvisla, Particle writers in version 4 behave similarly to the standard "Eulerian" writer, so you can adjust the frequency in the "calculation control/outputcontrol" section of the GUI.

Regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

Regards,

Yvan

Thank you for your help. I use 4.0.2 no GUI. I want to know development of partial from start to end. So I need partical message every some timestep. But I do not know how to control it in version4.0.2
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not sure I understand what you need.

In any case, I recommend mixing the GUI and user subroutines instead of using only user subroutines, as it is simpler. If you want/need to use only user subroutines, you will need to spend more time searching the user documentation an user examples, and for some settings / more advanced / less documented features, even search through the source code...

For postprocessing (including Lagrangian output since version 3.1), check examples in cs_user_postprocess.c (and cs_user_postprocess_var.f90)

Best regards,

Yvan