Comparison of Saturne 2 and Saturne 4 results

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Antech

Re: Comparison of Saturne 2 and Saturne 4 results

Post by Antech »

Ccaccia73
Did you change the maximum length for streamlines?
Ccaccia73

Post by Ccaccia73 »

No, all parameters are the same
Antech

Post by Antech »

You may try to incrase the streamline length (press the "gear" button in streamlines properties window).
Ccaccia73

Post by Ccaccia73 »

I've already tried but streamlines stop always where you see.
Antech

Post by Antech »

OK, I see. What the vector (on slice) visualization shows?
Ccaccia73

Post by Ccaccia73 »

Sorry Antech,
what exactly do you want to see in Paravis?
Antech

Post by Antech »

Ccaccia73
Sorry, but I'm Andrew (Antech). If your question is about vector plot in my post, then you may compare vector flow fields obtained with Saturne v2 and v4. Anyway vectors will not end at boundaries like streamlines and you can see if there any non-physical behaviour of the flow in Saturne v4 results.
Are there streamlines started from the inlet? You can also use streamlines with volume seed and include all volume so you'll see the stream in "empty" region.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I did not check your xml files in detail, so I'll ask if you have mesh joinings in your case ?

If you do have mesh joinings, did you visualize the output to check that everything is joined correctly (viewing both he the joined parts and the remaining boundary after a mesh verification / mesh quality criteria run can definitely help here).

Regards,

Yvan
Ccaccia73

Post by Ccaccia73 »

Antech, sorry, I've just confused names... :oops:
I think I'm not able to to plot streamlines with volume (only point or line source are permitted) and vector fields are plotted after streamlines (or I cannot manage to plot them starting from results.med). But I can use another seed: the first one is at inlet the second at outlet, they don't seem to join.
velocity_3.png
Yvan, the mesh is a single med file, made with Salome. It should have been partitioned by Saturne. I remember that the output of Saturne 2 gave also "parallel domain", which I cannot find in Saturne 4.
Antech

Post by Antech »

Ccaccia73
I use default EnSight Gold format (results.CASE + field files) for Saturne results, so I'm not sure that suggestions below are applicable to MED format.

I think I'm not able to to plot streamlines with volume
There is another stream tracer in ParaView that can operate on volume (press Ctrl+Space and type "stream" for fast search).

vector fields are plotted after streamlines
You can do that without streamlines:
1. Apply "Cell data to point data" filter to results file (this may introduce some uncertainity due to interpolation).
2. Create Slice or several Slices at desired coordinates.
3. Apply "Glyph" filter to Slice(s), select Velocity vectors, [v] orient glyphs. Set desired scale.

Sorry for offtopic.

Your streamlines look really strange, IMHO. I suggest you to verify the flow pattern (vectors), to compare it with Saturne v2 results before the pressure drop comparison.

About partitioning. Saturne 4.0.0. writes parallel_domain "field" by default! Maybe, something wrong with the case settings or so. Ivan will help you with it.