uselen subroutine change from CS 2.0 to CS 3.0

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
husanhao

uselen subroutine change from CS 2.0 to CS 3.0

Post by husanhao »

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me what is the change for the subroutine "uselen.f90" from CS 2.0 to CS 3.0?
Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards
Eric
Brian Angel

Re: uselen subroutine change from CS 2.0 to CS 3.0

Post by Brian Angel »

Hello,

I've been looking through the source and user files for uselen.f90 in CS v2.0 and v3.0 but cannot fond this routine. Can you pls confirm that this is indeed the routine that you are wanting to know more about?

Regards,

Brian Angel.
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Hello,

Actually, I am curious about what are the change for "elec" subroutines from CS2.0 to CS3.0

Recently, I try to simulate the DC electrical arc between two electrodes, and I found some references about that, however, that simulation is based on CS2.0, so I try to figure what is the different setting between CS2.0 to CS3.0

Below link shows all the "elec" subroutines in CS2.0
http://code-saturne.org/viewvc/saturne/ ... athrev=722

And for the uselen.f90, I can only found that routine in CS2.0 but not in CS3.0
So, I just want to know can I ignore that subroutine if I want to use CS3.0 for the electrical arc simulation.

Best Regards
Eric
Brian Angel

Post by Brian Angel »

Hello,

I have been looking through the src/elec source code directory for CS v3.0.1. In v2.0, the routine uselen.f90 has various "if" conditions related to "ippmod(ieljou)". If I do a grep -R of "ieljou" in the v3.0 src/elec directory, I can see the same "if" conditions in the routines elini1, elflux, elveri, ellecd, elreca, eliniv, elvarp and elprop.

None of these routines are in the v2.0 src/elec directory hence it would appear that uselen has been replaced by a certain number or all of these new routines. Hence, it would appear that you can ignore the uselen.f90 routine from CS v2.0.

I suggest that you try it and see what happens.

Best regards,

Brian Angel.
husanhao

Post by husanhao »

Dear Brian Angel,

Thanks for your reply!!!

Best Regards
Eric
Jacques Fontaine

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

Hello,
uselen was a dedicated function for fields postprocessing for electric arcs module in v2.0. In v3.0, you can make postprocessing on the unified and general prostpro function (cs_user_postprocess_var).

Regards,