CS3.0.3 and salome 7.3.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
mkendrick

CS3.0.3 and salome 7.3.0

Post by mkendrick »

Hello,

I have been able to install code saturne 3.0.3 and salome 7.3.0 individually on ubuntu 12.04 but have been unsuccessful in combining the two. I should point out I'm not the most experienced linux user.

The configure command I have been using is:

Code: Select all

./configure --with-hdf5=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-med=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-python=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-salome=/home/martyn/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL/
I have left off the --prefix option so the default install location is used. the --with-libxml2 option has been removed since pointing it to salome's libxml2 failed. Using the above command the configure exits successfully with although not all options are supported as seen in the attached config.log

The problem occurs during the make portion which exits with the following error:

Making all in salome
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome'
Making all in cfd_study
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study'
Making all in idl
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
make  all-am
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
make[5]: *** No rule to make target `CFDSTUDY_GenDynSK.cc', needed by `libSalomeIDLCFDSTUDY_la-CFDSTUDY_GenDynSK.lo'.  Stop.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study/idl'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome/cfd_study'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/salome'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
config.log
(233.04 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: CS3.0.3 and salome 7.3.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Do things work better if you avoid mixing Python from a Salome-7.3.0 release and a SALOME-Meca release (--with-python=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-salome=/home/martyn/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL in your configuration) ?

Best regards,

Yvan
mkendrick

Post by mkendrick »

Hey cheers for your reply,

I hadn't spotted the different versions of salome!

changing the configure command to:

sudo ./configure --with-hdf5=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-med=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-python=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites --with-salome=/home/martyn/salome/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/ --without-cgns
still produces the same error.

However, between my original post and now I have run the installer.py with some success although cgns seems not to have been installed (code_saturne config --have=cgns no). I had tried a different configure using the source downloaded by the installer and thus used the configure command:

./configure --with-hdf5=/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/installer/hdf-1.8.9 --with-med=/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/installer/med-3.0.6_SRC --with-cgns=/home/martyn/Downloads/cgnslib_3.2.1 --with-salome=/home/martyn/salome/SALOME-MECA-2013.1-LGPL/ --with-libxml2=/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/installer/libxml2-2.7.8 --with-mpi=/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/installer/openmpi-1.6.3
which produces the following:

CGNS >= 3.1.0 headers not found
configure: error: in `/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3':
configure: error: CGNS < 3.1 headers found, but CGNS 3.1 or above is required.
If you do not need CGNS format support, you may use the --without-cgns configure option.
Otherwise, you need to provide a CGNS 3.1 library and development headers.
changing the cgns command to '--without-cgns' allows the 'configure' to finish but doing 'make' yields the same error as in OP.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I spotted 2 other possible issues in your build :

1) It is not recommended to not run ./configure in the source directory, but from a separate build directory (using "/home/martyn/code-saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3/configure" + options insted of "./configure" + options)

Building in the source directory is not guaranteed to work. This is specified in the installation manual (and many major open-source tools have similar recommendations, starting with gcc, while some others with badly written install scripts can only be built inside their source directories, so unfortunately you can't assume one or the other without checking recommendations).

2) I'm not sure whether using sudo might change your environment or not, but you only need sudo for "make install" (and then only when installing to system directories), not for "configure" or "make".

Regards,

Yvan