Code Saturne3.2.1 integration on Salome7.3.0 on Ubuntu 13.10

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Dondo78

Code Saturne3.2.1 integration on Salome7.3.0 on Ubuntu 13.10

Post by Dondo78 »

Hi!!
As You can read in the post title, I'm trying to install code-Saturne 3.2.1 inside Salome7.3.0...
but i'have a lot of problems!!

That's my Configuration:
system: Ubuntu 64 bit 13.10 (installed on a virtual machine but the same configuration is also installed on a real pc..)

Code-saturne3.2.1( to be installed in home/user)
Salome 7.3.0 (installed with the wizard for Ubuntu 13.04 and perfectly working on my home/user)

I have tried to build Saturne on Salome Libreries by the following steps, taken by different posts on the forum:

1)Created a symbolic link between Pyqt and Python
2)Created the Saturne directory
3)Sourced the env_products.sh of Salome
4)launched the ./configure with the following options:
5) --prefix=/home/dondo/saturne/saturne3.2.1 --with-hdf5=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/hdf5-1.8.10 --with-med=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/med-3.0.7 --with-libxml2=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/libxml2-2.9.0 --with-python-exec=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3 PYUIC4=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3/bin/pyuic4 PYRCC4=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3/bin/pyrcc4 --with-salome=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0

configure ends normally, but after make stops with errors probably depending on Paramedmem.
What i have to do to solve this problem?
attached my config.log

thanks in advance
Attachments
config.log
(214.3 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Code Saturne3.2.1 integration on Salome7.3.0 on Ubuntu 1

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not sure the symbolic link between Python and Pyqt is useful.

Also, prefer the documentation to old posts. Recent posts are good, old posts might be obsolete.

In your case,

--with-python-exec=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3

must be replaced with:

PYTHON=/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3/bin/python

With the SALOME environement sourced, I am not sure you need to define PYUIC4 and PYRCC4.

Note that using SALOME's Python, Code_Saturne will only be able to run if the SALOME environment is sourced, or at least the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable contains "/home/dondo"/salome_7.3.0/Python-2.7.3/lib.

In our builds, we usually keep the default Python interpreter to avoid issues with this. The only advantage of the SALOME Python interpreter is that you are sure you have all of PyQt, while otherwise, you must make sure the appropriate packages are installed.

It is not clear from the config.log if ParaMEDMEM is the cause of the problem (could you also post the more concise error messages from your terminal ?). In that case, you may add --without-salome-med to the configure options. You will only loose some yet-unused libraries, and compatibility for coupling using the CEA ICOCO model with a code on top of Code_Saturne.

Regards,

Yvan
Dondo78

Post by Dondo78 »

Hi Yvan,

thanks for suggestions about Python; I will try to create on a clean system a new build.

For the moment, I'm working on the old configuration looking at your corrections.

This is the screen with the error....it's the same, even though i used the option --without-med

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.hxx:296:166: required from here
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.txx:403:8: warning: unused parameter 'param' [-Wunused-parameter]
void MemArray<T>::CDeallocator(void *pt, void *param)
^
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.txx: In instantiation of 'static void ParaMEDMEM::MemArray<T>::CDeallocator(void*, void*) [with T = int]':
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.txx:368:13: required from 'void ParaMEDMEM::MemArray<T>::reserve(std::size_t) [with T = int; std::size_t = long unsigned int]'
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.txx:90:43: required from 'void ParaMEDMEM::MemArray<T>::writeOnPlace(std::size_t, T, const T*, std::size_t) [with T = int; std::size_t = long unsigned int]'
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.hxx:598:160: required from here
/home/dondo/salome_7.3.0/MED_7.3.0/include/salome/MEDCouplingMemArray.txx:403:8: warning: unused parameter 'param' [-Wunused-parameter]
make[3]: *** [fvm_medcoupling_la-fvm_to_medcoupling.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dondo/Desktop/code_saturne-3.2.1build/src/fvm'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dondo/Desktop/code_saturne-3.2.1build/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dondo/Desktop/code_saturne-3.2.1build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
dondo@ubuntu:~/Desktop/code_saturne-3.2.1build$
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You need to add:

--without-salome-med

(for MEDCoupling and ParaMEDMEM support)

You can keep:

--with-med=...

(needed for MED file support)

Regards,

Yvan
Dondo78

Post by Dondo78 »

Hi Yvan,

I have followed all your suggestions using another Build of Salome...(V6_6_0, integrated with Aster)

and now IT WORKS!!!

Thank you very Much!!
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Good to know that it works. I would recommend Salome 7.2 instead of 6.6, and 7.3 should work also, if you add --without-salome-med (pending a small porting update for 7.3 which should be available in the next Code_Saturne releases).

Best regards,

Yvan
Dondo78

Post by Dondo78 »

Hi Yvan,

Ok also for salome 7.3.0; but there is an error. During the bootstrap of the programm, the terminal shows a warning message about the absence of module Visu.

Practically, I can launch salome with cfdstudy, but i'm not able to visualize any kind of geometry.

For Exemple, i have imported the Pipe1mesh.hdf file but the program doesn't show the geometry (also in the smesh module).

That's olny for the build with salome7.3.0 the other one (V6.6.X) it's perfectly working.

BR
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

In recent SALOME versions, VISU is replaced by ParaVis (basically ParaView + plugins).

To ease transition, both coexisted for a time, but with SALOME 7.3, VISU has neen removed. With the next Code_Saturne 3.0 maintenance release, handling of ParaVis should be improved, but even in current versions, just load ParaVis, and use file->open to load Code_Saturne postprocessing output. Both Ensight (handled by ParaView) and MED (handled by an additional reader in ParaVis) can be used.

Regards,

Yvan