runcase file

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
frpageot

runcase file

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

I have a stupid question. I am trying to run CS on another machine but where the installation folder for CS is different :

one is installed in "/opt/Code_Saturne_3.0/Prod/code_saturne-3.0.0/bin"
and the other one is installed in "opt/saturne-3.0/bin",

But this is the exact same CS version : 3.0.0. I would like to re-use the different studies I have done with the first install, so I change the path in the saturnegui file located in the data folder, and it opens CS without any problem. But even if I change the runcase path as well : from export PATH="/opt/Code_Saturne_3.0/Prod/code_saturne-3.0.0/bin":$PATH to export PATH="/opt/saturne-3.0/bin":$PATH once I save the xml file thru the gui, the path is overwritten to the old one... and off course the calculation is not launched. I cannot understand how this is possible, as I change the path in the saturnegui file. I succed to launch a calculation, but I was obliged to create a dummy study that generates a runcase file, which i copied into the appropriate folder. Once this is done, when I saved the xml file thru the gui, the path is not overwritten to the old one, but stays correct. I would like to undrstand if there is another way to handle this ? thanks.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Re: runcase file

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Instead of running "./SaturneGUI", could you try directly using ?

"/opt/Code_Saturne_3.0/Prod/code_saturne-3.0.0/bin/code_saturne gui"

or

"~/opt/saturne-3.0/bin/code_saturne gui",

Depending on your choice.

This should avoid overwriting the path in the runcase (though I am not sure it should be necessary; i'll need to check).

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

i tried this, with no success, actually the file is not modified any more, but the calculation does not start. I need to copy and paste the runcase file from the dummy study to have it work. Even if I modified manually the file with correct information the calculation does not start. It is as if there is a tag on the file....

Something that I forgot to mentionned is that the first machine is a Kubuntu 12.04 (original files) while the second is Xubuntu 12.04 (the one I want to re-use the previous studies). Can the tag come from this difference ?
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The Ubuntu variant should not make a difference.

I checked, and the path in the runcase file is determined when running "code-saturne create", and never updated afterwards. But simply updating that path manually should be enough to get the code working on another build (assuming the same version).

Regards,

Yvan