Monitoring calculations

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
st268

Monitoring calculations

Post by st268 »

Hello, I have been searching for a way to automate the monitoring of a calculation in code_saturne. I hope I am not just rehashing a previous forum topic. Looking through this forum I came upon:

http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=919

I tried to make the attached scripts from the last post work but failed miserably (no doubt done to my own lack of knowlege).

Then I cam upon the patch notes for version 3.1 where it stated that "GUI and CFD_STUDY: display the monitoring points on the SALOME VTK viewer" is present in the intermediate version. Does that mean that there isnt this functionality in version 3.0? If this is the case does anyone have a workaround? Similar to the one given in the forum topic I gave the URL for? Or even does anyone know how to get that one working?

Thanks in advance for any help! Sadly I don't think I could upgrade to version 3.1 just yet since my University probably would not agree to upgrading to that version on their system just yet.

best regards

Susan
Yvan Fournier

Re: Monitoring calculations

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The monitoring points display in the VTK viewer only allows you to visualize the positions of those points, not their values, so this is not what you need to automate the monitoring of a calculation.

We have not worked much on monitoring since the post you refer to, but the monitoring points output (for variable values at monitoring points, not the min/max values from the "listing" file) is now written as the computation progresses, and not to a temporary file from which it is reconstructed at the end as was the case with version 2.0, so that may be useful too.

Regards,

Yvan