cs-3.0 installation

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
steph

cs-3.0 installation

Post by steph »

hi
I installed Code_Saturne 3.0 from the command. / install_saturne.py (after completing the setup file) and I'd like to know if the installation was successful. I send you the attachment files and setup install_saturne.log
regards
Attachments
setup.txt
setup
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
install_saturne.log
install_saturne.log
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: cs-3.0 installation

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

There is no specific tool to check your installation, though a few tests (such as building a case, compiling user subroutines, and running in parallel) may be mentioned in previous posts of this forum.

Once the install seems to have run OK, you just need to use the code to test it.

Regards,

Yvan
ddquang

Post by ddquang »

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in Code_Saturne, i tried to install the version 3.0.1 and run a tutorial (case 1) to check if it is correctly run. And when i started the calculation, it stopped with an error message as following:

/usr/local/libexec/code_saturne/cs_solver: error while loading shared libraries: libsaturne.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
solver script exited with status 127.
Error running the calculation.
Check code_saturne log (listing) and error* files for details.
Error in calculation stage.

Any suggestion for me, please,
Thank so much
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I believe I can answer this, even though providing more details as detailed in the forum recommendations is good practice:

As you installed the code under /usr/local, I assume you have root/sudo access on your machine.

In this case, after installing the code, run:
sudo ldconfig
(or log as root and run ldconfig)

The try again.

This occurs quite often, so I have to make a note to add a paragraph about this in the installation documentation...

Regards,

Yvan