Split a domain as I wish

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
ferrari

Split a domain as I wish

Post by ferrari »

Hi,

I run a Lagrangian simulation in parallel but the way the domain is split doesn't help, is there some way to tell code_saturne how he should split the domain?
ferrari

Re: Split a domain as I wish

Post by ferrari »

Ok, I found some options in the GUI in Calculation management/Performance tuning, but none gives me what I want.

My domain is a straight duct and I'd like partitions to be long and thin in the X direction. No ideas?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, there is not. What you want would possibly slightly improve performance for the Lagrangian part, but degrade it for the Eulerian parts, which are still a big part of your computation (unless you are running with a frozen velocity field).

The only solution (short of modifying src/mesh/cs_partition.c) would be to use the "block" (unoptimized) partitioning, if you can ensure that the original mesh is numbered in such a way that splitting cells in equal-sized block based on their initial numbers leads to the partitioning you want.

Regards,

Yvan
ferrari

Post by ferrari »

Thank you for your answer,

I indeed run in frozen velocity field so my Eulerian computation is a separate issue.

The block partitioning seems the best option for my special case, I'll see if I can rework my mesh numbering efficiently.