Heat transfer and umidity

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Fabio89

Heat transfer and umidity

Post by Fabio89 »

Hello every body,

I'm not so new to CS. I simulated inertial impact by a cloud of particles on a sampling plate.
I set lagrangian particle and droplets tracking and I filled all necessary parameters, such as Boundary condition for particles, to run CS job.
I did my project using only the GUI as I'm not good using fortran language.

Now I need to simulate an airflow around an heat exchanger made of a thorny paper; so I would like to know if:

1) I can use 1D Wall or some other module in the GUI to show off a scalar map of temperature between air inflow (at 20°C) and air outflow.

2) I can attach, working in the GUI, a cloud of steam droplets on the thorny walls of my paper (heat exchanger) in order to simulate their dispersion within the airflow which hit them.

3) Where can I find some information and tutorial about heat transfer module in CS?

Thank you so much for you attention and your help

Best Regards,

Fabio
Yvan Fournier

Re: Heat transfer and umidity

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Here are partial answers and questions:

1) I am not sure I understand whether you are asking about data setup (the GUI) or visualization (scalar map), or activating visualization with the GUI. Visualization with the 1D wall is currently limited, but if I understand, you need a temperature map for the inflow, one for the outflow. This is simple: add 2 visualization meshes in the GUI (under "Calculation Control/Output Control/Meshes"), check the "auto" variables box, and in "Calculation Control/Surface solution control", check "Boundary Temperature".

2) You can activate the particle tracking option with the GUI, but if you want particles.droplets originating from walls, I am not sure this is enough, as inlets for the flow match those for particles. A source term near the wall for tracers (Eulerian species) would be simpler to use, but requires user subroutines.

3) On this web site and in the code documentation.

Also, if your paper is "thorny", you may need rough wall turbulence models (unless you are using a fully resolved boundary layer and full geometry).

Regards,

Yvan
Fabio89

Re: Heat transfer and umidity

Post by Fabio89 »

Thankyou so much for your help, you are always very kind Yvan.
I try next week

Best Regards,

Fabio