aerosol mechanics

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
pbperez

aerosol mechanics

Post by pbperez »

I would like to identify the released version of the Code_Saturne that has implemented the Nerrison aerosol mechanics formulation that is discussed in the ENC2012 paper « Modelling of Particulate contaminant transfers in Ventilated Rooms – Application and Validation at Reactor Building Scale », H.Mohand-kaci, et.al. I ask because it is not clear in the ENC paper or in the Code_Saturne manuals the code version. I am very interested since it is the first large scale « benchmark » of aerosol mechanics coupled to CFD. I would like to apply this version of Code_Saturne to a specific nuclear reactor severe accident aerosol deposition.

Thank you.

Pedro
Yvan Fournier

Re: aerosol mechanics

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

These features have only been very recently integrated, and some models are not fully integrated yet. So the implementation is available in the development "trunk" (see http://code-saturne.org/cms/download/Source-code-access), but came too late for version 3.0 (it will be in intermediate version 3.1, which should be released before this summer).

I'll let Mathieu Guingo or Martin Ferrand provide more details, as they worked on those specific features, while I did not.

Regards,

Yvan
pbperez

Post by pbperez »

Thank you Yvan. I look forward to learning more from Mathieu Guingo or Martin Ferrand.

Kind regards,

Pedro
Lyon, France
guingo

Post by guingo »

Hi,

I think Yvan has pretty much told the whole story ; the calculations presented in the article of Mohand et al. were performed in a working (unreleased) version of Code_Saturne ; and these developments are being integrated in the development trunk.

The developments currently implemented in the development trunk are related to the diffusion-inertia model of Zaichik et al. which makes it possible to transport scalar with a drift velocity and an adapted diffusity to model aerosol transport with gravity, Brownian diffusion, trajectory deviation and turbophoresis effects. What remains to be implemented though, is the special boundary condition to model accurately particle deposition.

Best regards,
Mathieu
pbperez

Post by pbperez »

Thank you Mathieu.

best regards,

Pedro