code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 6.5

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
alberich

code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 6.5

Post by alberich »

Hello,
I have salome 6.5 installed in a non-standard directory (~/bin/salome). Code_saturne 3.0 I have in analogy thereto installed in ~/bin/saturne.
Unfortunately, code_saturne does not find (or at least work) together salome.

I also added
salome /home/alberich/bin/salome/Salome-V6_5_0p1-LGPL-x86_64 yes no
in the setup file. But this has apparently no effect.

I spotted also that one of the last lines of make install read as follows:
test -z "/home/alberich/bin/salome/share/code_saturne/salome" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/alberich/bin/salome/share/code_saturne/salome"
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 extras/salome/fsi_appli_config.xml '/home/alberich/bin/salome/share/code_saturne/salome'
This creates a code_saturne directory with some files in the salome share directory.

However, when running code_saturne it does obviously not work with salome.
~/bin/saturne/code_saturne-3.0.0-betaR4215/bin$ ./code_saturne salome
SALOME is not available in this installation.

In salome too, there is no reference to saturne (such as a button like for the other modules).

Any ideas what went wrong or what needs to be done?

al
Last edited by alberich on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yvan Fournier

Re: code_saturne 3.0 and Salome 6.5

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not sure the automatic installer handles building with SALOME.

I would recommend switching to the build directory of Code_Saturne (where config.log is found), and re-run the configure command described at the beginning of config.log, adding:
--with-salome= /home/alberich/bin/salome/Salome-V6_5_0p1-LGPL-x86_64
After running configure, re-run make and make install.

If you already did this, could you post your config.log file ?

Regards,

Yvan
alberich

Post by alberich »

Hello,
thank you for the hint.

Code: Select all

./code_saturne-3.0.0-betaR4215/configure --prefix=/home/alberich/bin/saturne --with-salome=/home/alberich/bin/salome/Salome-V6_5_0p1-LGPL-x86_64
worked fine and finishes stating also that there is kernel support for salome.
But make stops with

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/alberich/bin/installer/salome/cfd_study/src/CFDSTUDYGUI'
../../../.././code_saturne-3.0.0-betaR4215/salome/cfd_study/src/CFDSTUDYGUI/CFDSTUDY_images.ts -qm CFDSTUDY_images.qm
/bin/bash: ../../../.././code_saturne-3.0.0-betaR4215/salome/cfd_study/src/CFDSTUDYGUI/CFDSTUDY_images.ts: Permission denied
make[5]: *** [CFDSTUDY_images.qm] Error 126
however, ls -la yields

-rw-r--r-- 1 alberich alberich   6059 Sep 28 14:45 CFDSTUDY_images.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 alberich alberich  37656 Sep 28 14:45 CFDSTUDY_msg_en.ts
Any ideas?
al
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, I actually encountered this same issue yesterday when installing the code on a "fresh" virtual machine.

The issue is due to the fact that make actually calls:
$LRELEASE ../../../.././code_saturne-3.0.0-betaR4215/salome/cfd_study/src/CFDSTUDYGUI/CFDSTUDY_images.ts -qm CFDSTUDY_images.qm
with
$LRELEASE undefined, because lrelease is not found. This should be checked at configure time, so I'll try to improve the configure script or Makefile, but in any case, the lrelease executable is part of Qt4 suite.

To use lrelease, you may either:
  • install the appropriate package. On Ubuntu, it is part of the qt4-linguist-tools package. On other distributions, the name is probably similar (search for lrelease);

Use the one from Salome's copy of Qt: search for lrelease, and add the directory in which it us found at the end of your PATH; (Actually, you could use Python and all of Qt4 from SALOME, but as the SALOME install is a movable archive, it would require sourcing the SALOME environment first before running any part of Code_Saturne, or the Python interpreter would not even start; this is OK if you use only use Code_Saturne within SALOME, and only use one version, as you can do this in your .profile or .bashr, but is a pain otherwise).
In any case, you need to re-run both configure and make.

Regards,

Yvan
alberich

Post by alberich »

Hello Yvan,

thank you for your help. I was finally successful installing code-saturne following your suggestions.
However, salome does still not have a module similar to GEOM, MESH or YACS. Do I have to recompile it?

btw:
I sourced metis the same way than scotch or cgns that is from the Salome-V6_5_0p1-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites directory (Metis_40).
However, configure said:
configure: WARNING: METIS header not found or usable
checking for METIS_PartGraphKway in -lmetis... no
configure: WARNING: do not use METIS

bye
al
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

For Metis, as the version from SALOME is not installed in a classical "bin", "include", "lib" scheme, you need to specify --with-metis-lib and --with-metis-include separately. For both, simply adding "/Lib" to the SALOME Metis path should help.

In nay case, if you already have SCOTCH, Metis is not useful, unless you want to compare the 2 (in which case having Metis 5 would be more interesting anyways).

Regards,

Yvan