steady state in saturne to boundary condition in syrthes

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Pisolino

Re: steady state in saturne to boundary condition in syrthes

Post by Pisolino »

by the way, i'm still trying to use the result of the fluid at the boundary as a boundary condition of syrthes. Any suggest on how to do? where to look? for example i would like to use the same script that permits the coupling between to different meshes but i can't find it.
Andrea
CEO and R&D manager @ ARGO srl

mail: info@argosrl.eu
site: www.argosrl.eu
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

This is not necessarly easy, as you need both to :
  • - have a correct representation of head exchange (flux or heat transfer coefficient)
    - interpolate data
You can easily get the exchanged flux on the coupled sub-mesh if you active postprocessing for SYRTHES couplings, in EnSight, MED, or CGNS format. Obtaining a heat transfer coefficient is more difficult, as this is not output, due to being a local, purely numerical (local/wall-law specific) coefficient and not a global (engineering) coefficient. You would need to look at the code in src/base/clptur.f90 to see how this works, but it is not simple (it may become simpler in version 2.3 or 3.0, after some work in progress in boundary conditions by Martin, but I would not go into details of this as of today.

You then need to interpolate data, which is not trivial either, as the current coupling mechanism is designed to work for parallel coupling, and keeps track of local numberings, but not of a global number matching which could be used to save and re-read data correctly (you would have to modify the libple/src/ple_locator.c file to save this at the correct point, but this would be highly advanced).

There might be other approaches, but nothing simple that I can think of right now.

Regards,

Yvan
Pisolino

Post by Pisolino »

really thx !!

i would save in ensight or med from saturne the heat_flux only on the surface of the solid. then the h coefficient will only be calculated (just for now) doing : flux/ |Tfluid - Tsurface| . Yes now the strongest part is to try to interpolate the values and send them as boundary on syrthes. I know it's really hard but if we reach it would be, in my opinion, a strong innovation in the metallurgy process simulation. Thanks for all the supports you are giving to us
Andrea
CEO and R&D manager @ ARGO srl

mail: info@argosrl.eu
site: www.argosrl.eu