PyQt4 problem

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Yvan Fournier

Re: PyQt4 problem

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello again,

The bash completion is optional, so if you have problems with it, you may just ignore the "source ..." part.

I had a similar problem on my personal machine at one time, and it seems it was related to my .profile or .bashrc files, but I am not sure what caused it, as I solved it by re-building those files from new templates when installing my OS (Ubuntu 11.4, upgraded to 11.10 since) on a new computer, and never did a detailed and bisection/comparison of the new and old config to find the exact cause, as this was more a matter of comfort than a blocking bug.

You can either use the full path or an alias now the the code is installed.

To run a tutorial case, you need to create a study and case directory using "code_saturne create", then copy the files from the ncs-2.0.3/examples directory into the newly created directory structure (the .des files are the meshes, which you can copy to the study's MESH directory. The .xml files or user subroutines go into a case directory's DATA and SRC subdirectories respectively. I think the tutorial explains this, but if it does not explain enough, the user documentation "code_saturne info -g user" explains the study directory structure in detail.

Best regards,

Yvan
Christine Leroy

Re: PyQt4 problem

Post by Christine Leroy »

Hello Yvan,

I've reinstalled everything carefully this morning, not as root.

I 've changed the PATH but still it didn't work so I've made an alias and now it's ok !!!

Thank you very much again.

I'm now going to start with the tutorial. It seems to be well detailed enough. I just hope that my installation is ok and that there won't be bugs when running Saturne.

Best Regards

Christine

Previously Yvan Fournier wrote:
Hello again,

The bash completion is optional, so if you have problems with it, you may just ignore the "source ..." part.

I had a similar problem on my personal machine at one time, and it seems it was related to my .profile or .bashrc files, but I am not sure what caused it, as I solved it by re-building those files from new templates when installing my OS (Ubuntu 11.4, upgraded to 11.10 since) on a new computer, and never did a detailed and bisection/comparison of the new and old config to find the exact cause, as this was more a matter of comfort than a blocking bug.

You can either use the full path or an alias now the the code is installed.

To run a tutorial case, you need to create a study and case directory using "code_saturne create", then copy the files from the ncs-2.0.3/examples directory into the newly created directory structure (the .des files are the meshes, which you can copy to the study's MESH directory. The .xml files or user subroutines go into a case directory's DATA and SRC subdirectories respectively. I think the tutorial explains this, but if it does not explain enough, the user documentation "code_saturne info -g user" explains the study directory structure in detail.

Best regards,

Yvan