Calculation error using Syrthes 4 and Code_Saturne 2.1.1

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Martin Isack

Calculation error using Syrthes 4 and Code_Saturne 2.1.1

Post by Martin Isack »

Hello,

I installed Code_Saturne 2.1.1 and Syrthes 4.0.0-beta. When I try to run coupled simulations I get the following error:

syrthes.log:

Code: Select all

Error during SYRTHES execution
==============================

syr_cfd_coupling.c:441: Fatal error.

======================================================== 
   ** Incompatible CFD coupling options: 
      ------------------------------------------------ 
      SYRTHES options:  " " 
      CFD code options: "" 
======================================================== 
The only difference between the options is a space. I don’t know how to fix this problem. I have attached the whole listing. I would be glad if someone could help me. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Martin  
Attachments
syrthes.log
(6.89 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Calculation error using Syrthes 4 and Code_Saturne 2.1.1

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
To my knowledge, due to some minor functionality additions, Syrthes 4.0.0-beta is not compatible with Code_Saturne 2.1, but with Code_Saturne 2.2, which should be available (at least as a release candidate) within less than 2 weeks.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Martin Isack

Post by Martin Isack »

Hello Yvan,
how is the progress of Version 2.2? I really like the new interface of Syrthes and I look forward to use it coupled with Code_Saturne.
Regards,
Martin
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello Martin,
Version 2.2 is feature-frozen, a release-candidate has been released inside EDF last week, and a new validation/regression testing data base is being set up (and a few bugs corrected). David is out of office this week, and next week is already very busy, so I would expect version 2.2.0 to be released the following week (around Feb 15), though I can't promise it.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Romain Lopez

Post by Romain Lopez »

Hello,
I would like to know when we can download the version 2.2.0 of code_saturne to use it with Syrthes 4.0.
Regards,
Romain
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
I can't promise a release date, as we often tend to slip a bit and we are usually overly optimistic (and other day-to-day aspects related to development and support may get in the way), but I really expect version 2.2 to be released within a week or two (there is still a bit of work on improving the user subroutine examples before release, but that is all).
Best regards,
  Yvan